Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   What's the point of living anymore??? (personal stuff- If you don't like reading personal stuff then don't open the thread) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/whats-the-point-of-living-anymore-personal-stuff-if-you-dont-like-reading-personal-stuff-then-dont-open-the-thread-1875.html)

Compaq888 04-02-2006 02:06 PM

going to tell me to see a shrink then don't respond. The question is still the same what's the point of living anymore??? Everybody around me hates me due to my "attitude" problems. What do you expect when people judge you before they even tal

1. If you're going to tell me to see a shrink then don't respond.

The question is still the same what's the point of living anymore???

Everybody around me hates me due to my "attitude" problems. What do you expect when people judge you before they even talk to you. I know I'm ugly, but my religion even made it worse when I used to live in Europe, even though I didn't practice it. I'm a jew, everybody over there hates jews and treated them like ****.

I know I'm messed up in the head because I didn't start talking till 3. I went to the mad house when I was a kid and got shots every day. Nothing helped so they released me. When I moved to America I went to see all kinds of shrinks that didn't do anything except gave me pills. They just want money so I went to them and they just talked crap. I have seen what must of been a dozen shrinks. They discovered I have ADD and some other stuff.

Ever since 1 I had stomach problems so every time I go to the bathroom my stomach hurts like somebody stabbed me. I've been on a special diet so I've decreased my time in the bathroom from 35-50min to 20-25min. Do you know how hard it is to go to the bathroom and come back an hour later???? Students laughed at me all the time when I came back from the bathroom 45 min minutes later. All the time. If you are thinking why don't you just hold it in???? Well the longer I hold it the more the pain gets. So as soon as I have to go then I have to go.

Next topic, Woman. What woman will even talk to a guy like me??? The only reason they talk to me is because they feel sorry for me or they want money.

All I do is work and go to school. That's gets annoying really quick. i don't even get to save any money. All I got to show for it is a LCD tv, Computer and a POS altima that has a power steering leak.

I can't make any friends because I have "attitude" problems and everybody makes fun of me. Including family. They blame me for my stomach problems. I can't even eat soup or drink soda. I get sick to my stomach for hours.

Everybody is right I'm going to have a short life like my father. My father went almost through the same things as me except he didn't have mental problems.

Like I said before if you're going to tell me to go see a shrink then don't even respond. Shrinks can't find anything wrong and the same thing with my stomach doctors. All they have done successfully is fatten up their wallets.

Also jobs. Every job I had my supervisers told me to hurry up in the bathroom and even told me what's the point for me to come to work if I'm going to take a crap on their pay time??

So please find anything positive in my life...

The Toecutter 04-02-2006 03:47 PM

Who says you even need a

Who says you even need a reason to live? You don't!

Figure out what you want to do with your life, and do it. You don't need a reason for it, but if you have one, so much the better.

Quote:

All I do is work and go to school. That's gets annoying really quick. i don't even get to save any money. All I got to show for it is a LCD tv, Computer and a POS altima that has a power steering leak.
I might be able to relate.

All I've got to show is a beat up Triumph, an old computer, a burnt out TV, and a Playstation. Then again, I'm 21 years old. Lots of time to accomplish what goals I have. I assume you are a similar age.

I'm not optimistic about my future(given peak oil, a looming economic collapse, among other things), but I'm damn well going to try and build what will make me happy: the EV.

Quote:

I can't make any friends because I have "attitude" problems and everybody makes fun of me.
I may not know you, but I certainly would not be inclined to poke fun at you. You seem like an alright guy.

Quote:

Including family. They blame me for my stomach problems. I can't even eat soup or drink soda. I get sick to my stomach for hours.
Have a talk with them. If they're unwilling to listen, screw them.

Compaq888 04-02-2006 04:12 PM

I want to move out so bad

I want to move out so bad but you know cali is too expensive. Singles are $600-700 a month. The only goal I got is to finish college and move out of this dump of a california.

All I got are bills, can't even save any money. I'm not even in debt or anything is just living here is too expensive. I used to live in Wisconsin in a good neighborhood and everything was completly different. People rarely made fun of me, people said hello on the street when they walked by. Gas Prices were cheap. Insurance was cheap, and etc.

In cali people are mean. Drive crazy, spit on you, curse too much, make fun of you. I guess it depends in what neighborhood you live in.

I'm the same age as you Toecutter.

So I guess my future goal is to finish my education and move out of this dump of a state.

krousdb 04-02-2006 04:15 PM

It seems to me that most of

It seems to me that most of your problems stem from your medical condition. Have you seen a medical doctor for diagnosis and treatment?

Compaq888 04-02-2006 04:24 PM

Re: It seems to me that most of

Quote:

Originally Posted by krousdb
It seems to me that most of your problems stem from your medical condition. Have you seen a medical doctor for diagnosis and treatment?

Yes I have. I have seen countless shrinks and countless stomach doctors. The only thing I got from the stomach doctors is it's caused by anxiety. The shrinks didn't do anything but listen to me and prescribe medication.

Most of the medication I took worked for a bout a week or two then my body got used to it and it didn't work anymore. On some medications I couldn't even function right. Some of them I would take in the morning and at around 5-6pm I would be so sleepy that I would pass out.

Due to my stomach condition most of the medications just didn't work.

krousdb 04-02-2006 04:35 PM

Re: I want to move out so bad

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888
So I guess my future goal is to finish my education and move out of this dump of a state.

Why wait? Sure, finish out the semester but move during the summer break. There are plenty of good state or community colleges in the midwest where the cost of living is much lower. Things are much more mellow in the midwest as long as you stay out of the big cities like Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland etc... Get a new start. It is worth at least 3 MPG! :)

Compaq888 04-02-2006 04:51 PM

I would need to find a job

I would need to find a job there first before I move out. Also their pay is lower than my current job. Also the smaller the city the harder it is to find a job.

Also I'm finishing a degree which means I have to take certain classes and for different colleges it requires some different classes. Me moving now might require more classes and more time to finish my degree.

I have already thought this through. My brain might be screwy but I got plenty of common sense.

krousdb 04-02-2006 04:56 PM

Good points. It does make

Good points. It does make sense to stay right now. Just bust your a** to get good grades and leave when it makes sense. Better things await you when you graduate.

thisisntjared 04-02-2006 05:06 PM

what is your lifestyle and

what is your lifestyle and diet?

by lifestyle i mean do you procrastinate, prioritize, make lists of things to accomplish? how do you handle day to day tasks and assignments? and more importantly how do you feel about your lifestyle? do you feel like you should work more?

and diet has a lot to do with the rest of your health... forget soda, its over rated anyway. oh i almost forgot! caffeine! how much coffee, tea, chocolate, nuts, etc. do you eat? some people are super sensitive to caffeine and the anxiety gets bad.

Compaq888 04-02-2006 05:07 PM

way better. On a job if

way better. On a job if anybody messes with you they can lose their job easy. In school they would just get detention and do it again.

Also anxiety goes down less when you don't have to worry about school, parents or etc. So I hope after I graduate, find a job and settle down my stomach problems should be less. I also don't plan to get married, I'm better alone. I don't want nobody nagging me I want this I want that , go clean this, fix that. It will just make it worse. I like my own pace.

Compaq888 04-02-2006 05:15 PM

Re: what is your lifestyle and

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisisntjared
what is your lifestyle and diet?

by lifestyle i mean do you procrastinate, prioritize, make lists of things to accomplish? how do you handle day to day tasks and assignments? and more importantly how do you feel about your lifestyle.

and diet has a lot to do with the rest of your health... forget soda, its over rated anyway.

I find it hard to be organized because my mind is all over the place. (ADD) I handle all tasks at my pace unless it's an assignment or required to be done fast. I don't like my lifestyle at all. I don't like my job, don't like my car, and want to be driving in a better car. Also want to meet new people.

I know diet has to do a lot with health but when you can't eat a lot of foods then of course health is going to be bad. I can't eat anything that has yeast, milk, olive oil, eggs, soda, onion, green onions, apples, juice, and other stuff. Which is basically a lot of foods.

I rarely eat at fast food places. Maybe twice per month, by I never get soda or any juice. I always drink water.

krousdb 04-02-2006 05:23 PM

Quote:

I rarely eat at fast food places. Maybe twice per month, by I never get soda or any juice. I always drink water.

Ditto for me. I have acid reflux. Bread, eggs, mayo kill me. Soda and juice have lots of acid which I cant handle. I drink lots of water, but not the fancy schmancy water, just tap water is fine with me.

Compaq888 04-02-2006 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krousdb
Quote:

Ditto for me. I have acid reflux. Bread, eggs, mayo kill me. Soda and juice have lots of acid which I cant handle. I drink lots of water, but not the fancy schmancy water, just tap water is fine with me.

did you know that mayo is basically olive oil and eggs??? The companies that produce mayo also through in lots of crap in there. Mayo just rips me up inside.

Water is good. If you drink mostly water you got a smaller chance than everybody else of getting kidney stones.
Here is another tip. Ice most of the time has a lot more bacteria than water. So in the future when you get your drinks get them with no Ice.

rh77 04-02-2006 06:20 PM

Early 20's = hardest for me

I'm 28, and I can say that my early 20's were some of the toughest times of my life. I didn't know what to do: allergies out of control, reflux, systemic yeast allergy (no sugar allowed for 6-months), lower back problems, dates weren't easy, etc. I was stuck in a dead-end job and needed out too. I myself had moved far away from home (parents were cool, it was the people where I came from that sucked, and the lack of jobs that did it).

I understand that you don't want answers, or suggestions for treatment, but I can say that it can only get better. Don't give up on medical treatment, or give up on a second opinion. I work in this field and can tell you that there are many treatment options and many more to be approved in the near future for each problem you mentioned. And just don't give up. This sounds like a multiple symptom event, and although I take the philosophy of treating the patient and not the disease, you have to break down each problem, and tackle it individually. If you look at the big picture, it's overwhelming.

Stick to your hobbies and what you feel is fun. You have to have fun, and sometimes a little work now and then can be satisfying. Get well and get out there.

RH77

philmcneal 04-02-2006 06:20 PM

i can't believe im going to

i can't believe im going to say this... but you have to believe me when I tell you this...

Have you considered trying the "green herb" to ease your symptoms? Also it will help with your appitite as well, you can almost eat anything under the influence. Its the best medicine ever made and it can relax you in a way you never thought possible... too bad its the one that's considered a illict one but if you can get it...

... I "highly" recommend it. I've been a member for four years now and I truly believe its a cure for many problems. If people did actual reasearch about the topic itself you'd find a whole new story then what the goverment been telling you.

If you don't believe me then reasearch the topic yourself, the results speak for themselfs. I realize that your laws are much harsher than ours when it comes to illict substances. Also cost can be quite an issue but if you can get a doctor to legally subscribe it for you then wow I envy you to the bone.

Good luck, life is worth living you just need a new state of mind to get you back on your feet again. Move to Canada when you feel that your ready to move out ;)

Seriously though, good luck your too young to give up.

thisisntjared 04-02-2006 06:27 PM

what about the caffeine

what about the caffeine though? that effects me hardcore.

i think its your lifestyle that the problem and it has little to do with the add. i have a few friends that have both add and adhd. the real key with them was to find employment that was fitting for the condition. not becoming a waitor or something high stress.

get a job you like, get a car you like, and go out and meet new people. i know for some people this is easier said than done. as a computer science major i meet people that are most definitely hermits and their bottom line is self esteem. i dont know what your case is though. nor do i know what your hobbies are in which you could meet new people. in any instance there is always a local whatever for something. with me: surfing, church, auto-x, drag strip, classes, etc. im not popular nor am i a socialite by any means, but there are always venues of meeting new people..... and if you dont count me as a person you just met then your a jerk :P

here's an idea though, write down a list of things you want to do and deadlines for each. specific goals with specific and realistic deadlines. like "i will drive a ***** ***** by February of 2007." "i will work as a ***** ***** at ********** by November of 2006."

heres one of mine: "i will have a 13sec, 40mpg street car by august of 2007." turbo d series baby :)

i dont know if this will help you, cus some people just cant accept it, but its all in your mind. im no buddist or anything....

SVOboy 04-02-2006 06:30 PM

Re: i can't believe im going to

Haha, this is the most hilarious thing I've read in a while. Anyway, when looking at it from a medical standpoint it might as well be many other approved drugs, just phucks with your head.

I was watching pbs today and they had a thing on about pain being half physical and half mental, which part to you think getting blotto affects?

Personally, I avoid all medications at almost any cost because of this, but then again, I am also very good at putting pain out of sight and out mind so I don't need it.

In any case, it's all a very tough bunch of crap. When I am in a feeling of hating people I generally end up realizing it's much easy to be lazy and hate them less.

philmcneal 04-02-2006 06:59 PM

Re: i can't believe im going to

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
Haha, this is the most hilarious thing I've read in a while. Anyway, when looking at it from a medical standpoint it might as well be many other approved drugs, just phucks with your head.

I was watching pbs today and they had a thing on about pain being half physical and half mental, which part to you think getting blotto affects?

Personally, I avoid all medications at almost any cost because of this, but then again, I am also very good at putting pain out of sight and out mind so I don't need it.

In any case, it's all a very tough bunch of crap. When I am in a feeling of hating people I generally end up realizing it's much easy to be lazy and hate them less.

If you were to compare the overdose rate of approved drugs and the green herb you'll find its almost uncomparable because unlike approved drugs, the green has no overdose limit. Take too much and you just have the best sleep in the world of course if your not used to the feeling you might get dizzy and then pass out. But statistically shown greens has never ever caused a death.

I forgot to add as well you don't even have to smoke it! You can vaporize it, getting the herb hot enough to release the contents but not to the point of combustion since at that temperature you will get the nasty chemcials that go along with smoking.

Good for those who don't need anything but themselfs to pull through the tough times. But unfortnately not everyone has the mental ability to pull what your capable of SVOboy so this is a very good solution for those who are weak from the start.

Do your research, you won't be dissapointed.

Matt Timion 04-02-2006 07:02 PM

I can give you advice from

I can give you advice from my own life experiences.

First things first. Don't make excuses to stay in a bad situation. Get out. If that means you move now and you have to stay in school for an extra semester, big deal. Your mental well-being is mroe important than your time spent in school. Ignore jobs, costs, etc. Get out of a bad situation.

I spent a long time in a horrible situation, and the hardest part was just taking the plunge. Once I got out of the situation I was much happier and everything fell into place.

Secondly, your stomach is probably related to your anxiety, which you already know. You have enough stacked against you that isn't your fault. We start living self-fulfilling prophecies with our lives that just perpetuate themselves. As long as you believe the things people say, and as long as you let people assign blame to you you'll never get better. Quit viewing it as the world against you and start viewing it as you against the world. You're better than all of the people who treat you horribly.

If you want to continue this discussion I can probably give you some insight as to WHY you feel the way you do, as least from a behavioral psychological point of view. It's going to be difficult for you to change with all of the same people around and with all of the same stuff going on.

Move... get out of California. I know what it's like, as I was there for 10 years. IT's hectic, busy, and you can never catch up. I've been gone for over a year now and I couldn't be happier. Life has so much more meaning than the hussle and bussle of Southern California.

For your own sakes, don't make excuses to stay. Start making reasons to improve your situation.

It's my opinion that you don't have anything wrong with you that requires therapy. I think you're just unhappy and probably depressed. You need to remove the negative situations from your life that are causing the depression and start living the life you want.

Get the car you want, get the job you want. Go to school where you want, and live where you want. It's your life. DOn't let other people tell you want to do.

And if you're still in Socal this summer I'd like to meet up with you and DieMaster one night. At the very least you'll see that your car is better than mine :)

SVOboy 04-02-2006 07:12 PM

Phil - it is not mental

Phil - it is not mental ability, it is just something I have had since youth. I'm too lazy to worry about a headache, what's the point. Taking advil only makes it hurt worse cuz I spend my time waiting for the advil and just concentrating on how much my head hurts. People like me are much more volatile than others, when I get in a funk I am terribly abusive to my friends, but physically and psychologically, I would rather not be this way but it's tough **** to change when it's all you've known.

philmcneal 04-02-2006 08:10 PM

Hm yeah I hear you, old

Hm yeah I hear you, old habits are VERY HARD to break... take a look at the drivers on the road ;)

Well its just that he has eating problems, and to my knowledge nothing cures your appitite better than greens. In fact a legit medical comapany tried to invent this spray that took the main ingrediant of greens (without you knowing of course) and claimed it can solve nausea and stimulate appitite so that you can spray it on your tongue and throat. If you don't mind waiting twenty minutes that is... it was such a joke that the traditional method would get you there in less than three (as you inhale the ingrediants it goes straight to your bloodstream unlike this spray method your metabolism has to break it down first, by that time your suffering enough already when you could have had instant relief). Really shows the drug companies of how much they really care for your health. They didn't realize that the herb comes in all different shapes and sizes and that you need a source of FAT for thc to be successfully absorbed to the body. If you were just ingest just that ingrediant by itself you'll get nothing but nothing... because its simply that...

Once you get the right key (butter usually) its a whole different ball park. Take my advice with a gain of salt, since its not all that glory. There's a lot of downsides (with it being illegal is one of the biggest ones, but you'd be surprised that the reason it was banned was not because of health reasons), dependancy, cost, forgetfullness, paranoia, and distrust from those who are agaist it (espically family members). Its a tough world with everyone thinking your a p0thead, but if your like me and love to prove people wrong then this could be your ticket to something new.

Then there's always exercise, I told the doctor that I had an appitite problem and that I always needed some greens to actually want to look for something to eat. He told me, "Your wasting your money, go exercise if you want to stimulate your own appitite." And he was right, since exercise is free too but he doesn't realize that not everyone is in the best condition to exercise. Also when exercising, as you get super tired from jogging lets say, your brain releases this chemcial that gets you hi (endorphimes or something), studies have shown that greens help your brain release this same chemical as well but also giving you a bunch of new ones ;). The doctor wasn't too impressed when I told him that I don't even smoke the herb at all, and kept using the same argument, "Waste of money, spend it on your son instead." Too bad because I really wanted to tell him, "At least I spend less on gas than you'll ever save!!!"

So in the end, why isn't this legal yet if its so benificial to med users? Simply because all doctors believe that smoking is not a form of medical delivery, and I don't blame them since smoking is very bad for you. I know from personal experience so don't start...

... Then the world of vaping found me =) oh yeah... and the world of hypermiling hehe. If anyone is curious of my convert it all started out:

With a person (My boss)
Then by a leader (Marc Emery)
Then the truth (internet reasearch)
Then testing the theories myself and they all were true.

Its a shame that the FDA is still in the circles of approving of vaporization, then again they are the problem in the first place.

Although sorry to pull away from the original thread, I really hope you pull through compaq because I'm sure once you find the right kind of people that's willing to accept you who you are, your ability as a person will soar into new heights you'll never imagine.

Hang in there.

SVOboy 04-02-2006 08:16 PM

Haha, in my tiredness the

Haha, in my tiredness the most I got from that is that we should kill william randoplh hurst.

philmcneal 04-02-2006 08:44 PM

no sweat, i'm more concerned

no sweat, i'm more concerned with the thread maker, I want to see what he has to say hehe but I sure hope he's okay. Well with all the support from everyone I'm sure he's beggining to realize that there are some that do care and maybe has a little faith to move on?

I dunno we'll hear it from him I guess.

SVOboy 04-02-2006 08:50 PM

No sweat, they make my

No sweat, they make my shoes, :p

Anyway, yep, I agree with your last statement, and the one about hurst. ;).

Compaq888 04-02-2006 09:13 PM

thisisntjared what jobs did

thisisntjared what jobs did your friends get??? I've been meaning to switch to a different job for a while now.

Matt, most likely I'll still be in So. Cali in the summer. I hope you finish your engine/tranny/ecu/experimental exaust swap by summer so I could see what it looks like.

philmcneal I don't have an appetite problem at all, I actually find myself eating sometimes when I'm not even hungry. I can't do the herb due to I get nausous around smoke and my job has suprise drug tests.

philmcneal 04-02-2006 10:13 PM

Re: thisisntjared what jobs did

Quote:

thisisntjared what jobs did your friends get??? I've been meaning to switch to a different job for a while now.

Matt, most likely I'll still be in So. Cali in the summer. I hope you finish your engine/tranny/ecu/experimental exaust swap by summer so I could see what it looks like.

philmcneal I don't have an appetite problem at all, I actually find myself eating sometimes when I'm not even hungry. I can't do the herb due to I get nausous around smoke and my job has suprise drug tests.

man drug test for a part time job? wow what's this world coming to?what do you do for a living? That's a shame at least you can still eat ;)

Oh and you never had to smoke it, hehe rememeber its VAPING. Big difference, smoking is VERY BAD for you. Vaping on the other hand is good for you ;) so laugh all you want nay sayers! But in twenty years I will tell you so because predictions never fail if you truly believe in them and you put the puzzle pieces together yourself.

To illistrate how much of a difference it is, one time I smoked half a ciggarette (BAD ME, at least I don't buy them ;) and my wife complained about the smoke, and it lingered around my lips, teeth and breath for awhile. I even tried really hard to brush my teeth after smoking and even scrub at it on my tongue but boy she has a nose of a dog (no pun intended lol). It really ruined the mood between her and I since she's a non smoker (my wife is as clean as it gets as I'm the so called , "Junkie".)

But then this one time I vaped the living crap out of myself, (oh c'mon I'm sure when people buy their beers when they go crazy too.)) and then went to kiss the wife right away. To my amazement she didn't taste anything at all, just me ;) and I didn't have to brush squat!

I'm truly a believer, good to hear your looking for solutions. Keep us updated and maybe one day you can live a life you can truly smile upon. We all have our dark days, its just a matter of turning those darkness into light!

And your one year older than me, damn life is too short enjoy what it has to offer while it lasts you got a longggggggggggg way to go. I think age twenty is when you start realizing your responsiblities and setting long term goals for yourself to achieve.

Or its the age you start running away from cops ;O So school for me!

rh77 04-02-2006 11:20 PM

Re: Hm yeah I hear you, old

Quote:

Originally Posted by philmcneal
Its a shame that the FDA is still in the circles of approving of vaporization, then again they are the problem in the first place.

We're workin' on that :-)

RH77

Compaq888 04-02-2006 11:40 PM

Anybody know what jobs I can

Anybody know what jobs I can get with by knowing basic medical terminology?

rh77 04-03-2006 05:50 AM

PM me...

Give me a PM with your medical experience, and I can recommend some medical jobs or careers that you may qualify for (I've worked a variety of jobs in this field). I'm currently traveling, so I'll probably be back online late this evening. Keep thinking positively...

RH77

Sludgy 04-03-2006 12:13 PM

I feel your pain, Compaq

I have suffered from on-off depression for years. I'll tell you what helped me get through: alcohol, my kids, Mom and Dad, not necessarily in that order.......

BTW, If you have kids, you forget your OWN troubles, and worry about THEM. LOL

Compaq888 04-03-2006 01:15 PM

Re: I feel your pain, Compaq

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sludgy
I have suffered from on-off depression for years. I'll tell you what helped me get through: alcohol, my kids, Mom and Dad, not necessarily in that order.......

BTW, If you have kids, you forget your OWN troubles, and worry about THEM. LOL

I really don't want to have kids. Everybody male on my father's side has this stomach problem. I have it, my dad had it, my grandpa has it. Bringing a kid to life so he can suffer is a bad idea.

Alcohol is good, once you drink it all the life's problems go away. In a company it's good to drink but if you're alone then that's an alcoholic.

Matt Timion 04-03-2006 04:01 PM

Quote:

Alcohol is good, once you drink it all the life's problems go away. In a company it's good to drink but if you're alone then that's an alcoholic.

I hope you don't seriously think that you're safe from alcoholism just because you drink with other people.

Compaq888 04-03-2006 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
Quote:

I hope you don't seriously think that you're safe from alcoholism just because you drink with other people.

Of course I'm not safe. Because it is good to drink in groups and know your limits.

rh77 04-03-2006 04:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Of course I'm not safe. Because it is good to drink in groups and know your limits.

This is true. Also, bear in mind that Alcohol is technicaly a "depressant", so if you tend to be depressed, drinking can make it worse.

-RH77

Compaq888 04-03-2006 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rh77
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This is true. Also, bear in mind that Alcohol is technicaly a "depressant", so if you tend to be depressed, drinking can make it worse.

-RH77

Tell me about. At one of the parties I got really depressed and just started having shots with everybody. Before I knew it I just drank out of the bottle. And then passed out in the bathroom. Luckily since I'm a nice guy a girl that I know came to my aid and stayed with me for hours till I threw the alcohol back up and passed out again. Drinking depressed can get you killed. I should lay off on the shots because I'm depressed most of the time.

rh77 04-03-2006 06:56 PM

OMG, House Warming Party

When we bought our current house, my wife arranged a house warming party. Her teacher friends like to drink, so we got a keg. Anyways, I'd finish a beer and just go back for a refill. BIG mistake not knowing the consumption from a bottle-to-bottle perspective. Before I knew it, I'm passed out on the bathroom floor upstairs and only the cat to keep me awake. Everyone thought I was taking a nap or something upstairs. After much "digestive reversal", I finally was able to get up and start to function -- and drank gallons of water.

The worst part: Mother's day the next day -- Mexican food for brunch. Then I had to sit in the back of a small plane on a long flight -- ugh.

What I do, I've become a fan of some wines (some can be had for cheap because Missouri is a huge wine-producing state, no really!) So, I'll get home, have a glass of Port or wine, get sleepy and go to bed. I don't binge anymore. Just sucks -- and it's taking more alcohol to achieve the same results. The wine's a nice compromise. I'll still have a Labatt Blue once in a while ;-) Sometimes I wish I lived in Canada or England with all the crap going on here.

RH77

philmcneal 04-03-2006 09:46 PM

^^ which is why i don't like

^^ which is why i don't like alcohol that much. Its too easy to OD if your not careful because you don't feel the effects of alcohol until your body starts breaking it down. By that time you'll probably had tons to drink already and evenually it'll hit you all at once.

Right on of alcohol being a depressant, little is all right. Too much and you start acting more dumb than you should be. I think I have cried a few times being really drunk but your mood is the most important part when taking anything into your body. Then again why limit yourself to drugs

Why you wish to live in Canada RH77? What do we have to offer besides premo greens hehe. You sound like a doctor almost with all that travelling. Good to hear Compaq decided to look for another job, although that stomach problem of yours does indeed is crappy. But it sounds like he has it under control now.

Good thread, I've learned a little bit from everyone.

edit: forgot to add, bringing a kid to life is a wonderful thing. As long as you can love him/her for the rest of your life its sall good. If the kid had to live it alone then yes that's a different story...

Compaq888 04-03-2006 10:23 PM

I in no way have it under

I in no way have it under control. I have limited pain time by a small amount but there is no way that I have control over it. The only way to get it under control is just to stop eating.

rh77 04-03-2006 10:30 PM

O, Canada

Quote:

Originally Posted by philmcneal
Why you wish to live in Canada RH77? What do we have to offer besides premo greens hehe. You sound like a doctor almost with all that travelling.

No, it's the Tylenol with Codeine over the counter. ;-) That reminds me of a Cosby show episode from a long time ago -- he was in a hospital and called over to this guy in scrubs, "Hey, you...almost a doctor!". Seriously, every time I've visited Canada, I just feel like I'm "home". I've been to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Northern Quebec, Around lake Superior in Ontario, and lately Calgary/Banff (the Quebecois didn't really roll out the welcome mat, tho). I love the terrain, the people, the Governmental structure, the strict medical ethics and free healthcare.

The best part is the distinction in cultures. The U.S. has been called the "Great Melting Pot" -- which really sucks if you think about it. It's really means all cultures kinda blend into one, and heritage is lost. Canada seems to hang onto it's distinct cultures. Furthermore, I really appreciate the general public's appreciation for the environment and fuel consumption. (Aside from Quebec), I haven't met a Canadian I didn't like. I would always volunteer to be sent there for work.

When my folks had one of those huge satellite dishes that moved, some trees blocks some of the sats, but the CBC always came in. We really enjoyed learning about the news up there. Furthermore, I am so sick and tired of the politics here, the legistature there is refreshing.

Anyways, I've never really revealed what I do exactly for my job. Most people don't know that I exist, really. When a prescription drug is newly discovered or requires approval for another formulation (like extended release, etc.), a 10-year average process takes place to get the drug approved by the FDA. Of the 0-10 year process, I'm involved in years 5-8. Drug companies hire 3rd party companies to manage study oversight, data management, statistics, etc. to make sure that no bias is given. This is what I do:

The study drug is taken by patients all over the nation (and world). My job is required by the FDA -- I'm assigned an experimental drug and about 10 doctor's offices around North America that are testing the drug on their willing, informed, and voluntarily-consented patients. I make sure that the FDA rules are followed, no fraud takes place, verify data, collect side effect information, and act as a representative for both the doctor and the drug company (but as a 3rd-party, on a strictly Scientific basis). Each doctor's office has an Ethics Board that makes sure that the study is safe, beneficial, and is continually updated to ensure continued safety -- I make sure this communication takes place. Most of the job is data verification. I visit every 4-6 weeks, so I'm called a "Monitor" instead of "Auditor". I try to make the visits enjoyable so the nurses and doctors don't feel intimidated, and are more productive (but if something's wrong, they'll hear about it).

Long-story wrapped-up, I love my job. I enjoy the travel (but it stinks to be away from home 4 days a week), but I save miles and points to take the wife on trips during vacation. Also, being on the cutting-edge of Medical Science is exciting. I also get to rent all kinds of cars to report in my rental thread here (kinda behind on that now). Also, I have to write reports of findings on each visit, which I'm a behind on too. OK enough about me...gotta go...

RH77