Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   SuperMID group buy (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/supermid-group-buy-1879.html)

SVOboy 04-03-2006 04:15 PM

SuperMID group buy

Anyone want one besides me? 160 shipped from japan for singles, but we might be able to save a good bit with some combined shipping, :)

krousdb 04-03-2006 04:25 PM

Yup, the price is $130 each

Yup, the price is $130 each +$30 shipping fron the land of the rising sun. Prolly can get several for the same $30 shipping.

SVOboy 04-03-2006 04:26 PM

Woot, I wish I could type

Woot, I wish I could type but my finger is severely burnt right now.

XFi 04-03-2006 04:53 PM

SuperMID

Fill me in on the features of the SuperMID...the Cliff notes version is fine. I am assuming, since your car is pre-OBDII that this works with any OBDI (including my 94 XFi). Does it have the same functions/features as the Scangauge?...

Scan Gauge says...
Quote:

Reads Trouble Codes
Reads conditions that set the Trouble Code
Clears Trouble Codes
Turns off "Check Engine" light
Make and store up to 10 rewritable special codes
to send to the vehicle computer
Shows 4 gauges at a time from the possible following:

Fuel Economy
Fuel Rate
Battery Voltage
Coolant Temperature
Intake Air Temperature
Engine Speed (RPM)
Vehicle speed (MPH)
Manifold Pressure (not available on some vehicles)
Engine Load
Throttle Position
Ignition Timing
Open/Closed Loop
Automatically tracks three sets of trip data -

Current (short) Trip
Days (total) Trips
Previous Days Trips

Maximum Speed
Average Speed
Maximum Coolant Temperature
Maximum RPM
Driving Time
Driving Distance
Fuel Used
Trip Fuel Economy
How does it compare?

SVOboy 04-03-2006 04:56 PM

Check out the thread in the

Check out the thread in the DIY section, I dunno everything off hand. However, because of the nature of obd1 stuff it can't possibly do all this, but I don't mind really because I can check codes by jumping a wire and everything else I can do on a computer.

The main thing is that this works for any EFI car (I think, yeah?), but scangauge is only good for more cars 96+ (few exceptions).

XFi 04-03-2006 05:25 PM

DIY SuperMID thread

Sorry, jumped the gun and asked a question without reading-up 1st. As posted previously, the SuperMID...
input:
- injector pulse width
- speed pulse for distance

output:
- line1: instantaneous mileage, instantaneous fuel usage, injector pulse width
- line2: 1km avg mileage, timer(blinks every 5min), avg speed
- line 3: avg mileage, driving time, distance
- line 4: engin-on mileage, engine-on %, cannel name, fuel used.
- 5 channels are T(tank), A(trip-A), B(trip-B), L(lap - max 20 laps) and S(start - since power-on)

I guess the main benefit would be the instantaneous fuel usage. It looks like there was alot of concern with proper calibration.

SVOboy 04-03-2006 05:30 PM

Dan has gotten his

Dan has gotten his calibration done and all that. The basic idea however is just like you said, instantaneous fuel usage. You can also do trips and **** like that, which is good, but this thing will let you know immediately if a mod you did worked or not, good stuff.

krousdb 04-04-2006 03:36 AM

Calibration is fine for

Calibration is fine for reading distance and fuel used. But as I mentioned before, the instantaneous FE reading does not change with the fuel calibration as it uses a fixed value that corresponds to the Prius. So in my case, when my target is 25 km/L average, I know to target a 30 km/L instantaneous. No big deal. Just determine your targets.

SVOboy 04-04-2006 07:31 AM

What what. I'm excited for

What what. I'm excited for this crap.

krousdb 04-04-2006 08:16 AM

Sent the International Money

Sent the International Money Order today. If anyone else wants one I will give you Yoshi's address so you can send the international MO yourself. I will then ask him to ship them together for a break on shipping.