Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   aCar | Mobile for Android (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f42/)
-   -   Problem with importing CSV file. (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f42/problem-with-importing-csv-file-18843.html)

Crypto_Smack 08-20-2016 10:48 AM

Problem with importing CSV file.

So I've been using aCar for about 5 years now (love the app) and so i exported all my app data to an CSV file so i could edit things like tags, station names. Just wanted to clean things up a bit. Fast forward a couple of hours and i'm ready to export. I export the file from excel back to a CSV file and put it on my phone to import in.

Doesn't work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but it won't let me import.

It says, "Could not import the data! The selected Date Format (or Time Format if any) does not match with the date/time values in the file you're trying to import".

How do I fix this?

agdodge4x4 08-20-2016 12:01 PM

I have to edit the CSV.

RobertV 08-20-2016 05:48 PM

Excel often times changes the date format to fit your specific display preferences. In most cases here in the US, I think our default is MM-DD-YYYY. So when you Save your changes, it actually saves the dates in the format you have your display settings set at.
aCar exports it in YYYY-MM-DD I believe.

So either edit the original CSV (without converting it to .xlsx) or just ensure your date is formatted like the original .csv export (double check, but I'm pretty sure it's YYYY-MM-DD).

Alternatively, import it as a Plain CSV and just map each field appropriately.

Crypto_Smack 08-20-2016 11:19 PM

Ah. I found out what the issue was.

Issue: I'm an idiot lol.

I exported it from aCar, edited it, then tried to give it back as a CSV file but what i should of done is giving it back AS an aCar file. Did that and it worked.

YAY!

So this thread can be closed. Thanks for your help. Can't wait for the aCar/Fuelly merge ;) ;)

tdlundin 09-01-2016 09:55 AM

I'd like to import historic information into Fuelly for my other two vehicles that I originally started tracking back in 2008 with MyMileMarker (My Mile Marker) way back in the day before moving to GasCubby and now Fuelly.

I have put the data for my Audi and Jeep into the proper CSV format as described here: Importing Your Data Into Fuelly , but where exactly do I go to import it?

RobertV 09-01-2016 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdlundin (Post 190775)
I'd like to import historic information into Fuelly for my other two vehicles that I originally started tracking back in 2008 with MyMileMarker (My Mile Marker) way back in the day before moving to GasCubby and now Fuelly.

I have put the data for my Audi and Jeep into the proper CSV format as described here: Importing Your Data Into Fuelly , but where exactly do I go to import it?

You can import it by clicking the little icon in your vehicle profile. Here's the FAQ with more info: FAQ: How do I import fuel-up data?

tdlundin 09-02-2016 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 190787)
You can import it by clicking the little icon in your vehicle profile. Here's the FAQ with more info: FAQ: How do I import fuel-up data?

Cool, I found the little excel sheet looking icon ( https://badges.fuelly.com/images/icon...w_columns2.png ) it worked out perfectly. Thank you.

Hembrey 09-22-2016 03:43 PM

Fuelly SUCKS

I have had Gas Cubby for 5 or 6 years and suddenly today it's changed on my phone to Fuellyy and my data is gone. I emailed support and all i get is a csv file and no way to get it into my account, even online. What a bunch of crap.

tdlundin 09-22-2016 06:09 PM

Wrong thread and hit them up, they have workarounds for this to get your data back.

JohnnyQ 10-27-2019 05:53 PM

I am having the same error, it doesn't matter what format the date is in, it returns
Error
The fuelup date must be a date before 2019-10-30.