Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   iOS | Fuelly Mobile (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/)
-   -   Updated to GC 3.0 - now all my data is doubled! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/updated-to-gc-3-0-now-all-my-data-is-doubled-18869.html)

djplong 08-31-2016 07:21 AM

Updated to GC 3.0 - now all my data is doubled!

Just got the update to GC 3.0 this morning. I had time so I did the migration, then it instructed me to do a synch, which I did.

Now all my data has been doubled. Every fuel-up and ever service log now shows up TWICE.

How do I fix this?

mcgyver210 08-31-2016 08:42 AM

Your not alone I've been using Gas Cubby for years & it has worked flawlessly. Now this morning I'm forced into migration of data & not only do I have multiple duplicate, triples etc. I also noticed data is from past points in time not current.

Cuban8 08-31-2016 03:44 PM

I don't much care for this forced migration, either. I, too, have multiple data entries and, other than the basic fueling data entry screen, I don't much care for the new interface at all and the graphs, which used to look pretty decent, now look like mush. Having all the basic fueling data set up for entry on a single screen is nice, but they should have left everything else alone.

FreeLunch 08-31-2016 05:17 PM

We are aware of this issue that effected a small percentage of users and are working on a resolution. I appreciate your patience!
If you login to your account on Fuelly.com, are the duplicates also there, or are they only visible within the app?

MusicMaker 08-31-2016 05:26 PM

A couple of us have been discussing this duplication problem in another thread (which also covers several other problems/questions I'm facing due to the update):

Issues and Questions with GC 3.0 Update

In our cases, the duplicates are only visible within the app (not on the website). But they are there with error messages. In my case, they are only present for one vehicle (my other vehicles do not show any duplicate entries).

mcgyver210 08-31-2016 06:11 PM

Duplicates are also on fuelly website for us.

andyrobo 08-31-2016 07:27 PM

Guys, we know what this issue is and we will be rolling out a fix to address it. I can't provide an ETA to that fix quite yet but we will be back in the forums with an update ASAP. The fix will identify the duplicate and get rid of them for you.

Just so you know the issue was caused by the massive spike in demand on our servers when the app auto updated. Basically the sync started your entries were sent to the site but no response was received by the app. So the app defaults to preserve data so the old entries remained and the new entries (duplicates) from the server were pulled down.

Rest assured we are working frantically to get fixes for this out. Everyone is really tired from staying up all night last night working on the server and apps. So please be patient with us. It might take a little while but we will get it fixed.

Lastly, sorry you are having these issues. We've learned a lot in the last 24 hours. Looking back in hindsight we would have done a few things differently. Thanks for your patience.

mcgyver210 09-01-2016 09:02 AM

Thanks for update unfortunately for me I use this daily & I'm having to record things elsewhere. I really hope it is really fixed soon since I have been using Gas Cubby pro for many years.

The frustrating part is the forced migration caused this. My son is a programmer & always advises me not to do updates as soon as they are released on anything important due on issues like this.

I'm still using trip cubby because it works but as it as no future I guess I will need to explore alternatives.

andyrobo 09-01-2016 02:52 PM

mcgyver210, you should be able to keep using the app. We will release a new version that addresses duplicates but it sounds like your duplicate issue is different than the more common one where people have dupes on their phone but not on the site. Either way we will develop a way to clean it up and should be able to remove the dupes.

ToyotaMatrix 09-01-2016 05:22 PM

I did a sync on my iPad Mini 4 before the most recent update and my vehicle and records were duplicated. iTunes went haywire yesterday and updated the app - which I did not want to do. Now I'm afraid to delete the duplicate vehicle for fear of having everything deleted. Am considering deleting it from my Mini and finding a more reliable app.

Thankfully I have GasCubby 2.7.5 on my older iPad 2, which will NOT be updated, so I'll keep my records there.