Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   iOS | Fuelly Mobile (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/)
-   -   Duplicate Reminders (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/duplicate-reminders-18897.html)

RobertV 09-09-2016 10:31 AM

Duplicate Reminders

1 Attachment(s)
In some cases, for some users, reminders appear to be duplicated. In actuality, the old Gas Cubby database had both. In Gas Cubby v3, all reminders are imported into the app. Since we don’t want to delete duplicate reminders, you may need to do a one time clean up where your old data had duplicate reminders. The new Fuelly system only allows a single reminder for each service type. Therefore some of the reminders will not sync to Fuelly.

To assist you in seeing duplicate reminders, we are now highlighting the reminders on your device that have not synced in a yellow background.
Attachment 2275
In order to ensure all your reminders are synced, you will need to choose which reminder for each service type you would like to keep. Please delete the duplicate service reminder and then press the Sync All Data link in the left side menu.

Please note that duplicate reminders are not synced to fuelly.com. Therefore, if you logout of the app before "cleaning up" your reminder's list, the duplicate reminders highlighted in yellow will not be saved.

------------
Any questions or concerns during this process, please post in this thread with what steps you've completed before encountering a problem so that we can help troubleshoot. The more information you provide, the faster we can help find a resolution.

------------
Reminder: Sign up for GasCubby 2.7 to 3.0 Email Updates. To do this just go to:
https://www.fuelly.com/gascubby/

smelsatron 09-10-2016 08:37 AM

Within the ios app, I have deleted the extra reminders so that there is only one of each and then run "Sync All Data." I kept some of the highlighted reminders, but they won't sync even with the others deleted. I've also tried re-migrating.

Looking at my fuelly account online, all of the reminders are showing as overdue. I also can't find a way to look at my service logs online. They are still in the app as far as I can tell. I'm new to fuelly as of today so this may just be my own ignorance as a newbie :)

I'm sure this rollout has been a lot of work and late nights. Thanks for what you're doing! I'm excited about the idea of fuelly and gas cubby merging. Makes a lot of sense and am looking forward to the wealth of information available; just a bit worried about those of us primarily using it for maintenance/service logging getting lost in the mass of users focused on mileage.

FreeLunch 09-13-2016 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smelsatron (Post 191015)
Within the ios app, I have deleted the extra reminders so that there is only one of each and then run "Sync All Data." I kept some of the highlighted reminders, but they won't sync even with the others deleted. I've also tried re-migrating.

Looking at my fuelly account online, all of the reminders are showing as overdue. I also can't find a way to look at my service logs online. They are still in the app as far as I can tell. I'm new to fuelly as of today so this may just be my own ignorance as a newbie :)

I'm sure this rollout has been a lot of work and late nights. Thanks for what you're doing! I'm excited about the idea of fuelly and gas cubby merging. Makes a lot of sense and am looking forward to the wealth of information available; just a bit worried about those of us primarily using it for maintenance/service logging getting lost in the mass of users focused on mileage.

1) If the reminders are highlighted and you've deleted the other non highlighted reminder, just simply edit the reminder and re-tap Save. It will change the highlighted reminder to non-highlighted and Save it (provided you have deleted the duplicate non highlighted reminder).

2) To reset a reminder you must create Service Entry. To do this simply, Tap the "+" > Service > Enter your details. For example, date/mileage of your oil change. This will then reset the dates/mileage to the next interval. For example, 5000 miles or 6 months from the date of the oil change.

We are definitely making service entries/reminders to be a core pillar of fuelly. So, don't worry that is a core feature that we will be supporting and enhancing with time.

thanks!