Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Instead of being an early EV adopter... (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/instead-of-being-an-early-ev-adopter-19058.html)

ChewChewTrain 01-04-2017 07:33 AM

I read Joe Kennedy made his fortune as a "drug dealer" of his era by transporting alcohol during the prohibition. It's this fact that modern day drug dealers feel they, too, will be eventually "legitimized" and accepted, such as what happened with Joe Kennedy.

I just went to Wikipedia to corroborate that detail about Joe Kennedy and there was zero mention about it. There was a mention about Joe Kennedy negotiating his importing UK alcohol AFTER the prohibition. Was the Joe Kennedy Wiki page sanitized?

Wikipedia, while accurate for most things, can be wildly inaccurate for others. For example, the Scientologist's Wiki has a running battle with people updating their Wiki page. Scientologist members continuously have to rewrite the page to stop the "truth" about their organization from being revealed.

R.I.D.E. 01-04-2017 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draigflag (Post 192187)
Nope, I'm one of those people who just doesn't give a hoot about anyone's opinions, especially dinosaurs like you, stuck in the past with your exceedingly niave and outdated thoughts, like mentioning 600 year old Historical events and applying them to the gun laws of today, keep it up, it's hilarious to read you dig your own grave haha. There's no point trying to analyse me buddy, you know very little about me and my personal life, but I can assure you, it's very fun, I make the most of it and the fact that I spent double my wage in 2016 proves that. Learn not to be a wimp and take things personaly and you'll start loving what's left of your life too ;)

Ah yet another personal attack. Only one here digging their own grave is he who sees spending twice, what he made, in a year as good judgement. Invest maybe, spend, nope. I like my assets pushing 7 digits.

His investment strategy, "trading in tomorrow for today"

His hobby complaining about legal situations in a country where he can not vote and his words mean nada.

Chewchew, Joe had the concession for scotch whisky in the USA, maybe Canada also, so if you wanted scotch legally it came through Joe. I never really googled or wickied the history but seldom did one making money on alcohol stop making money during prohibition. Probably sanitized to make him more saintly, but he still has a lot of death and suffering on his back from the consequences of the great depression.

They pulled about 10 million of their capital out of the market a week before it crashed.

LMAO at the "depreciation' rationale concerning a 5 year old EV. I guess you are advocating a strategy of planned obsolescence on steroids as far as any secondary market on EVs.

Kind of hard to "delete" a section of a printed manuscript, unless you have a couple of thousand years to do a bunch of later editions. Pre war bibles dated the existence of mankind at 4000 BC.

About as accurate as DFs EV evolution predictions.

Draigflag 01-04-2017 01:43 PM

You made it personal RIDE, when me and trollbait proved you wrong several times, rather than thank us for the interesting and useful information, you get all frustrated by being so wrong and start insulting people, it's bizarre behaviour. Here we call it "throwing your teddies out the pram" haha. Just relax, this is a forum, not a conference with global leaders.

(p.s. Don't mention, the 400+ mile range EV available in March, he might just flip his lid)

ChewChewTrain 01-04-2017 01:47 PM

But, I'm a global leader in my own mind. ;)

Draigflag 01-04-2017 02:06 PM

RIDE if you're reading this, be more like this guy ^^^^ Doug from California, and stop taking things so seriously ;)

ChewChewTrain 01-04-2017 02:26 PM

Yeah. But don't mimic my dancing-ability. That would be just plain wrong. :)

So how's Briexit turning out so far, Paul? I heard it could take years to disentangle the UK from the union.

Draigflag 01-04-2017 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChewChewTrain (Post 192193)
Yeah. But don't mimic my dancing-ability. That would be just plain wrong. :)

So how's Briexit turning out so far, Paul? I heard it could take years to disentangle the UK from the union.

I've not watched the news this year, mainstream media is mainly for the gullible masses of whom I'm not a part of. But from what I hear, nobody has a Brexit plan, and depending who you talk to, its either going to make or break Britain.

How's Trump? Has he draped those red banners over the whitehouse yet? ;)

Draigflag 01-05-2017 03:49 AM

Hey Doug, here's an idea for you, Renault has just announced its going to sell its all electric twizy platform minus the body, to anyone who wants to build thier own EV. Now if you shortened your Honda, and narrowed it down a tad, you could still have the look and feel of your car, but with an electric powertrain. Sounds any good? ;)

Renault launches opensource EV at CES 2017 | Next Green Car

R.I.D.E. 01-05-2017 03:54 AM

https://www.nationalchurchillmuseum....quote-history/

Laughing all the way to the bank. Enjoy your $6 a gallon fuel in a car that basically gets the same mileage as my 25 year old truck.

ChewChewTrain 01-05-2017 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draigflag (Post 192195)
Hey Doug, here's an idea for you, Renault has just announced its going to sell its all electric twizy platform minus the body, to anyone who wants to build thier own EV. Now if you shortened your Honda, and narrowed it down a tad, you could still have the look and feel of your car, but with an electric powertrain. Sounds any good? ;)

Renault launches opensource EV at CES 2017 | Next Green Car

They're renting Twizzies in San Francisco. I saw one. SF gets pretty cold, so the ride can be uncomfortable, as I recall the Twizzy doesn't have side windows.

Hmmm. I suppose they can't sell the Twizzy as-is, because it won't pass US crash testing. So they're selling JUST the platform and letting other builders deal with the gov't regulations.

Any mention about the cost, Paul?