Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   TRANSPORTATION BEYOND EVs: I've been thinking. (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/transportation-beyond-evs-ive-been-thinking-19065.html)

ChewChewTrain 01-06-2017 11:12 AM

TRANSPORTATION BEYOND EVs: I've been thinking.

Since I was a kid, I've always wanted to be an astronaut.

After many years of long, careful, critical consideration, I no longer feel I can do it.

During space walks, unable to scratch my junk would simply drive me crazy.

I hereby give official notice and withdraw any idea of submitting my application to NASA.

Yours truly,
ChewChewTrain

BlueRover 01-07-2017 01:08 PM

Dear Mr. ChewChewTrain

While naturally unhappy regarding your decision we have removed your name from our list as of today.

Ironically your name just came to the top of the list and we where about to call you,,,,Oh Well!

Yours
NASA

ChewChewTrain 01-07-2017 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueRover (Post 192232)
Dear Mr. ChewChewTrain

While naturally unhappy regarding your decision we have removed your name from our list as of today.

Ironically your name just came to the top of the list and we where about to call you,,,,Oh Well!

Yours
NASA

I'm SO disappointed I would have wrapped my 27y/o Civic around a telephone pole today IF it didn't get such great MPG.

Nice try, guys. You won't get rid of me THAT easily. More to come in 2017!

Draigflag 01-07-2017 11:56 PM

Speaking of space, solar panels are much more effective in space where there's no atmosphere or UV filtering clouds. It's a shame we can't install some solar satellites and have a huge cable coming back to Earth isn't it? ;)

OliverGT 01-08-2017 12:27 AM

Paul,

No cable required, you can use Microwave Power Transmission (MPT). All the technology exists today, it's just the cost of construction in space that is the limiting factor at the moment, now if we just get the Space Elevator built, we could just pop the stuff in and send it up.

But now that we have lost another astronaut, we will have to put that on the long finger too.

Oliver

Draigflag 01-08-2017 12:41 AM

Yes, when out government pays it's debts off, they can afford to start investing in such technology. Hopefully around the year 2537 the way things are going....lol

ChewChewTrain 01-08-2017 04:54 AM

Space elevator? It's obvious THAT is what Elon Musk should be building instead of reusable self-landing rockets to colonize Mars, self-driving electric cars, the gigafactory, or Solar City. How can he be SO stupid! In my opinion, he should not be SO lazy, too. He could do a lot more if he would just wake up 15 minutes earlier.

BlueRover 01-08-2017 07:50 AM

:DWhoa if Musk can produce a self driving car that is capable of driving in a snow storm in 20 cm of snow already on the ground I'll buy one.

Better yet if it can get itself out of a snow drift,,,one can only dream:bow:

ChewChewTrain 01-08-2017 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueRover (Post 192243)
:DWhoa if Musk can produce a self driving car that is capable of driving in a snow storm in 20 cm of snow already on the ground I'll buy one.

Better yet if it can get itself out of a snow drift,,,one can only dream:bow:

Simply. In the spring time, tell the car to take you to live in Birmingham, Alabama. Snow problem solved.