Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Not entering data on Fuelly (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/not-entering-data-on-fuelly-19259.html)

benlovesgoddess 03-11-2017 09:31 AM

Not entering data on Fuelly

I like Fuelly, and without the data entry it's just a lot of people having good natured arguements.
However, I have enjoyed driving my car more since I no longer keep MPG data. The Prius still keeps track, probably 3 mpg more optimistically than reality, I rarely look at it.
I guess I could have kept adding the fuel ups to compare hypermiling figures to heavy footed power mode, but that would have skewed the enjoyment of both driving AND data entry!
For the last 5 months the car has mainly been in Power mode. It takes off nicely, pretty sure it throws in extra electricity too.
Initially I dropped to 50mpg, but it looks like I can get 60mpg without having to compromise driving pleasure.
The Prius expert favoured pulse and glide method that could deliver 70mpg was boring, and probably demanded a distracting level of concentration. You kept having to pick up the pace to avoid being an obstacle.
Absolutely love this car, I will be keeping it for 10 years or more.

Draigflag 03-11-2017 09:39 AM

Hi Ben, good to hear off you again and glad you're enjoying the car. I am enjoying the extra power too, I tripple my horsepower but only doubled my fuel cost, no longer care much about economy as I don't do the miles, and anyway, money you save on fuel is only wasted on other pointless stuff let's be honest!

benlovesgoddess 03-11-2017 09:55 PM

Hi Paul - glad to see you bought the Peugeot you liked so much when you took it for a test drive. I'm still doing 20,000 miles a year so don't want a gas guzzler, but nor do i want a boring supermini. The Prius has enough poke for my needs, and is very comfortable and full of technology. I occasionally work out the mpg, but no longer write it down anywhere!
If i ever get bored of power mode i can switch back to eco and a 10%+ reduction in fuel costs.
I had a Xantia diesel, that when driven briskly would only return about 36 mpg. A Bluebird petrol only got 25 mpg when driven in the same manner.
The hybrid Prius is faster than both those cars and delivers around twice the miles for the same money while being much more enjoyable.
Trying to get the missus to look at the new Toyota C-HR or a Mitsubishi PHEV when it's time to replace the Honda CR-V. ..hybrid has deffo got the edge for economy and performance compared to diesel or petrol.
Straight electric still doesnt have the range - at least not in our budget.

visorX 03-20-2017 04:56 PM

That's sweet mpg for Prius. We are looking at 2012 and hope all goes smoothly.

Draigflag 03-20-2017 11:29 PM

Remember Ben is quoting UK MPG, converted his best and worse tanks work out at 47 US MPG and 62 US MPG with an average of 54.8 US MPG.