Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Stations that sell E10 (read: Stations to avoid) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/stations-that-sell-e10-read-stations-to-avoid-1927.html)

GasSavers_DaX 04-11-2006 04:40 AM

Stations that sell E10 (read: Stations to avoid)

Ok, I'm tired of searching through tons of threads to come up with a list of gas stations to avoid. Let's make a list of stations / brands HERE that we know for a FACT sell E10. I'll update this first post with the growing list, so that people don't have to search within the thread.

Gas Stations Selling E10
Speedway
Sunoco
Citgo (in large cities)
Casey's

krousdb 04-11-2006 05:04 AM

Re: Stations that sell E10 (read: Stations to avoid)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaX
Ok, I'm tired of searching through tons of threads to come up with a list of gas stations to avoid. Let's make a list of stations / brands HERE that we know for a FACT sell E10. I'll update this first post with the growing list, so that people don't have to search within the thread.

Gas Stations Selling E10
Speedway

Gas Stations Selling E10
Speedway
Sunoco

SVOboy 04-11-2006 10:49 AM

Casey's Why avoid it though?

Casey's

Why avoid it though? Again? Just for my knowing?

diamondlarry 04-11-2006 10:56 AM

Re: Stations that sell E10 (read: Stations to avoid)

Speedway
Sunoco
Citgo- according to their website it(E10)is used in certain areas such as larger cities.

Compaq888 04-11-2006 11:13 AM

Doesn't Shell do it too?

Doesn't Shell do it too?

GasSavers_DaX 04-11-2006 11:43 AM

Re: Casey's

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
Casey's

Why avoid it though? Again? Just for my knowing?

Well I'm going to avoid it ATM because it yields less MPG.

molecule 04-11-2006 11:27 PM

last spring i broke my all

last spring i broke my all time mileage record in the vx at 58mpg
sunoco gas

maybe it wasn't in the fuel then...???
i was under the impression E10 was good stuff
i dont know enough about it...isn't it from corn...?

Bunger 04-11-2006 11:59 PM

Well... in theory, you

Well... in theory, you should be able to get better mileage from E10... as it should increase the octane of the gas... but i dunno if 10% ethanol is enough (yes, it's from corn).

When E85 becomes mainstream, or I can get a good supply of it from work, I'll be rebuilding my VX motor to take full advantage of the higher octane, so I should be able to actually get BETTER mileage with it.

n0rt0npr0 04-12-2006 05:34 AM

E10

If you got your best mileage in April or May it was definately not the gasoline.

However there is a theory that I've heard at the track that E10 gives better hwy mileage. Very hard to say either way for me without scangauge and the like..
Rumor also says E10 yields less mileage in city driving..

thisisntjared 04-12-2006 07:48 AM

e10 does not give better gas

e10 does not give better gas mileage. yes it has a higher octane, but that doesnt matter if its being to used to raise the octane. when burned, it has a significantly smaller number of btus, thus more of it needs to be burned to make the same power as gasoline.

there is A LOT of misinformation out there about ethanol and a lot of it is to just fuel the american economy, nothing else. In the end it pollutes just as much as gasoline. Look up some real research on it, not the advertising for it. The real research shows that it isnt that great of an alternative. sorry i dont have the time right now to go into a more indepth explanation or provide links(i forgot to bookmark them).