Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   iOS | Fuelly Mobile (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/)
-   -   just updated by mistake from v2.7.5 to 3.x latest (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/just-updated-by-mistake-from-v2-7-5-to-3-x-latest-19626.html)

MarkD 09-06-2017 03:03 PM

just updated by mistake from v2.7.5 to 3.x latest

Despite being very careful not to update my GasCubby v2.7.5 (2.7.6?) to the latest v3.x, I must have accidentally pressed the 'Update All' button on my iPhone last night. (i have submitted feedback to Apple so many times for them to implement a 'are you sure?' screen)

I have launched the new GasCubby app, but not pressed 'Continue', so migration of data has not happened.
I am also aware of Fuelly's advice NOT to delete the new app.

How can I get the old app back ? I have got fairly recent backups of the data, and still have all the actual petrol receipts, but would rather this go smoothly!

I have looked through previous threads, but can't find someone who has been in same situation.

EMY92 09-07-2017 04:43 AM

Once updated, there is no way to go back to 2.7.

Do not delete the app, doing so will cause all data to be lost. I do see a backup file that you create a little over a month ago, so all data is saved to that point.

2.7 is no longer supported or available in the App Store. At this point, there is only the way forward.

MarkD 09-07-2017 03:34 PM

thanks for the reply.

Would a restore of my iPhone return GasCubby 2.7 ? (My last phone backup was from before i updated to v3.)

EMY92 09-07-2017 04:01 PM

I am not sure, I have never tried that.

If you wish to give it a shot, please make sure that your data has synced to your Fuelly profile, that way if the backup restore fails, the data will still be available.

MarkD 09-07-2017 07:07 PM

BOOYAKASHA ! GasCubby v2.7.5 restored !

i think this only worked as my last iCloud backup happened just hours before i accidentally updated GasCubby to the latest v3.x.x
This confirms that apps are backed up along with my private data - it doesn't rely on pulling the apps separately from the App Store.

Anyone else in this situation that wants to try this:

1. turn off iCloud backups ASAP on your iPhone -(Settings > AppleID > iCloud > Backup ) (this will also show date/time of last backup)
2. be connected to a strong wifi signal, and a fast internet connection
3. check for new content you have created on the iPhone since your last backup - photos, videos etc - get it off the phone via email/message/AirDrop before you wipe it.
4. Restore (Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings) and allow about 2 hours of babysitting the restore, and then maybe another hour for it to then begin restoring apps. (mine is an iPhone 6 w/ 128GB, with a restore size of approx 65GB)

N.B.

-I don't regularly backup via USB to my Mac (via iTunes), so I avoided plugging the iPhone into my Mac in case it threw a spanner into the restore process

-I'm unsure as to why my last iCloud backup was several days ago - it now has made me concerned with what the backup schedule is.

EMY92 - thank you for your quick replies, that's some great customer support!