Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Thread closed (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/thread-closed-19693.html)

bobbo 10-03-2017 03:25 PM

Thread closed

Hey Fuelly,

Thanks a lot. I just spent 15-20 minutes replying to a thread only to get the message that it is 433 days old and I could not reply to it. I was polite and I did start it by typing "Bump". How 'bout you being polite and warning us when we won't be allowed to reply so we don't waste our time.

The thread was concerned with "useless" fields on the fill-up entry screen. I agreed with the OP that "tire pressure" and "how paid" are pretty much useless compared to having an average speed field which, in turn would automatically figure the % City stat. How many of us bother to check our tires during a fill-up then calculate what our cold pressure would have been had we actually checked them cold. And whose business is it what our method of payment was. I don't even care how I paid for my gas. I just save my receipts.

SteveMak 10-03-2017 06:47 PM

Yeah, I've been bitten by that, too :-(

Draigflag 10-03-2017 11:03 PM

You can still reply, you have to check a box to state you understand the thread is old that's all. We had some users answering questions to people that posted almost a decade ago. Nothing wrong with bumping old topics if your query is still relevant.

Jay2TheRescue 10-04-2017 03:00 AM

Yes, if you check the box, you can still reply. It is to notify people that it is a stale thread. Before that was implemented, fairly often I would have to notify a user that the person they were asking the question to hasn't even logged into the site for 5 years, and they probably won't get an answer.

bobbo 10-04-2017 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue (Post 196435)
Yes, if you check the box, you can still reply. It is to notify people that it is a stale thread. Before that was implemented, fairly often I would have to notify a user that the person they were asking the question to hasn't even logged into the site for 5 years, and they probably won't get an answer.

Thank you Jay.

SteveMak 10-05-2017 08:54 AM

I appears that bobbo and I missed that checkbox, which suggests it's easily missed. I'll look for it next time.

Suggestion: Make it very obvious that the member is reading an old thread, and make it very easy to post to it (i.e., not something that's easily missed).

Draigflag 10-05-2017 10:46 AM

To be fair Steve, I saw it straight away, there's even a huge yellow warning triangle with an exclamation mark in it lol ;)

JockoT 10-05-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draigflag (Post 196456)
To be fair Steve, I saw it straight away, there's even a huge yellow warning triangle with an exclamation mark in it lol ;)

Got to admit, it is rather obvious, though the tick box is not quite so prominent.