Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   aCar | Mobile for Android (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f42/)
-   -   Sync problem (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f42/sync-problem-19761.html)

bill2750 10-25-2017 10:28 AM

Sync problem

1 Attachment(s)
I am unable to sync my data. V5.0.7 message states "one or some of your records have been rejected by our server because of data validation problems. Check for red marked records and fix." It does not say which vehicle has red marked records. I have 13 vehicles. Is there a way to narrow the search?

bill2750 10-25-2017 12:15 PM

Solved

Support contacted me and resolved the problem. Thank you

mrand90706 10-31-2017 02:14 PM

What's the solution

I've been receiving the same message and would like to fix it. Is there a solution besides just hoping support notices this and reaches out to me too?

Thank you.

EMY92 11-01-2017 08:07 AM

Contact support through the app, make sure to include your backup file.

I can dig through the API logs and find some errors, but it is very time consuming and the likelihood of missing something is high.

Send the file and you will have a response quickly.

pcupitt 11-02-2017 12:11 AM

Me too

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill2750 (Post 196740)
I am unable to sync my data. V5.0.7 message states "one or some of your records have been rejected by our server because of data validation problems. Check for red marked records and fix." It does not say which vehicle has red marked records. I have 13 vehicles. Is there a way to narrow the search?

I also have exactly the same issue but only have ONE active vehicle and it can only be a problem with my last fill-up as it coincided with that particular afternoon.
I can find NO issues marked in red and have compared my last two fill ups and found no significant differences.
I NEVER had any problems with A-Car. I am NOT enjoying this app since Fuelly "Added Value" to it. Sorry, but sometimes the truth hurts.

Regards
Peter

mrand90706x 11-14-2017 09:09 AM

EMY92, What do you consider a 'quick response'? It's been two weeks and I haven't heard anything.
pcupitt, I have to agree that things were better before Fuelly. Hopefully, they'll get things smoothed out. This still seems to be the best app for the purpose and the price.

rtg01 11-14-2017 11:47 AM

I ran into the same problem. On of my bikes was setup to enter the distance instead of the odometer reading while filling up. This cannot be processed by aCar. Changing the setting in the bike's record solved the issue for me.

EMY92 11-17-2017 06:15 AM

Please resend, all tickets are responded to within 24 hours. Most within a few hours.

mrand90706x 11-20-2017 08:00 AM

I solved the problem by turning off notifications from the app. Would be nice to have useful ones, but the useless one repeatedly was too much trouble.

hschade 12-15-2017 01:52 PM

Had the same issue. Submitted a ticket (with log and data).
Got a response within a few hours, with instructions on how to fix.

--
It looks like a bug is causing the validation error. Please create a Full Backup, then go to Settings -> Cloud Sync & Local Backup and sign out from Fuelly.com. Then tap Sync Now to login again. This should clear the error.
--

The process worked for me.