Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Website Funkyness, I see others are having the same problem. I get an error message, seems wiki related. (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/website-funkyness-i-see-others-are-having-the-same-problem-i-get-an-error-message-seems-wiki-related-1988.html)

krousdb 04-22-2006 11:34 AM

Website Funkyness, I see others are having the same problem. I get an error message, seems wiki related.

I am posting but the content does not show up. When I go to edit it, the content is there. Way funky. I see this is happening to others too.

SVOboy 04-22-2006 11:35 AM

I know, I think I killed it.

pertyfly 04-22-2006 11:37 AM

Hmmm, k I can't see what you guys wrote (as I reported in another thread) but I'll bet it's related to the same thing!!!! LoL

Matt Timion 04-22-2006 05:24 PM

I'm unsure what is causing

I'm unsure what is causing this, but I disabled the wiki filter in the messages.

The wiki entries will not be hotlinked to the actual entry in the forums until this is fixed, but at least now we can view the forum messages, eh?

Matt Timion 04-22-2006 05:49 PM

Did anyone here copy the

Did anyone here copy the error message that was displayed? It might help me figure out what the problem is.

The Toecutter 04-22-2006 06:26 PM

When you try to post on this

When you try to post on this site, do not use a colon anywhere in the body of the message. That is the culprit.

I had this same problem, until I edited one of my posts and took out the colons.

SVOboy 04-22-2006 07:37 PM

Matt: it was because I used

Matt: it was because I used a smiley in the text was well as slashes in the title/linked things. It was error something something on line 407, I could duplicate it if you wanted.

Matt Timion 04-22-2006 08:02 PM

Re: When you try to post on this

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Toecutter
When you try to post on this site, do not use a colon anywhere in the body of the message. That is the culprit.

I had this same problem, until I edited one of my posts and took out the colons.

Testing to see if the : or ; problem is still there.

Matt Timion 04-23-2006 10:20 PM

Alright, i tracked down the

Alright, i tracked down the problem. Long story short, the existance of the slash caused the function whcih filters the posts to freak out. I'm going to add a provision which will not let the wiki entry be made unless it doesn't contain slashes, brackets, etc. it should solve the problem.

Should be fixed tomorrow.

Compaq888 04-25-2006 02:38 AM

for the last 2 days my

for the last 2 days my replies would get lost and I would have to retype. It also keeps saying that there is no connection so I have to referesh the page for it to work. It keeps happening in IE and firefox. I have restarted the computer several times now, still keeps happening.