Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Starting a new car (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/starting-a-new-car-20098.html)

LDB 06-12-2018 10:52 AM

Starting a new car

Do I have this right?

I'm picking up my new Accord Hybrid today. I plan to drive from the lot to the station and put in the 93 cents or whatever it holds. I'm going to use odometer mileage. It has 72 miles now so I'll put in 74 (give or take a mile at my station). It won't give any stats as it's the first fuel going in but that will be the baseline for next time? Do I have that right? Or do I need to do something else so that in 400 hundred miles or so I get a proper mpg reading? Thanks for any and all help/advice/assistance.

Draigflag 06-12-2018 01:10 PM

I don't track via odometer, but when you're setting up your new profile, I'm assuming there's an initial fill option where you put the above mentioned. If not, make a mental note of the miles when you top off, then next refill, you'll be putting into fuelly the mileage you just drove and the fuel you just burned. Trip meter reading is my preferred method, none of that initial fill up confusion.

trollbait 06-13-2018 06:06 AM

That's how I did it the time I tried using odometer.

JockoT 06-13-2018 09:10 AM

I use Odometer. When I added a new ca,r I filled in the standard top up boxes. Fuelly knew it was a first entry and didn't try to work out a mpg figure, but did count the fill up and added the cost to the ongoing tally. Absolutely painless.

bigerse 06-13-2018 10:43 AM

I had difficulty setting up a new car. Finally solved it today by deleting all entries and setting up a new first entry with 0.1 litres and £0.1 using the delivery mileage. I then added subsequent fill ups as new entries and all seems to be accuurate now.

Note that I never do a complete fill up but over time the statistics will become more accurate.

LDB 06-13-2018 11:56 AM

I bought my 0.8 gallons and it automatically knew what was going on and told me on my next fill I'd get stats. Now I need to figure out again how to change my signature to this new car.

JockoT 06-13-2018 12:25 PM

bigerse. Like your handle!

bigerse 06-13-2018 12:46 PM

Aye, I live next to Hugh Jarse.

B.I.Jerse

Draigflag 06-13-2018 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDB (Post 198306)
I bought my 0.8 gallons and it automatically knew what was going on and told me on my next fill I'd get stats. Now I need to figure out again how to change my signature to this new car.

Visit your car's profile, scroll towards bottom for link to badges. Copy link code, then come back to forums, click user CP, edit signature and paste the code. Then save, jobs a good 'un as they say here.

LDB 06-13-2018 02:21 PM

Thanks. I think I'd have eventually stumbled upon it all but that made it much easier. And maybe I got it right. :)