Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   You know you're a fuel economy freak when... (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/you-know-youre-a-fuel-economy-freak-when-2014.html)

Compaq888 04-27-2006 03:08 AM

're a fuel economy freak when... 1. At 1am in the morning you're inflatting tires 2. You check tire pressure more often than you fill up. 3. When red lights, stop signs and pedestrians are suggestions to yield. ...

you know you're a fuel economy freak when...

1. At 1am in the morning you're inflatting tires
2. You check tire pressure more often than you fill up.
3. When red lights, stop signs and pedestrians are suggestions to yield.
4. You make a turn without braking first.
5. you post at 3:53am on a gas saving website
6. your relatives ask you what you're doing at 10pm in the garage with a tire gauge.
7. people calling you stupid for aero stuff under the car then give you a dumb look that your gas guzzler gets 10mpg more than their civic.
8. you know you can't change to a lane to your left without looking in the mirror because you know people are passing you.
9. you start to coast half a mile from a red light when there's no cars behind you.
10. you going to a toyota dealer and you ask to drive the prius
11. When you call every toyota dealer in the city asking if they have a available prius for a test drive.
12. your parents watch HBO and see a 113mpg prius in the program and drool.
13. you bang your keyboard when gassavers.org website is down.
14. You get in the car, put on the seatbelt, turn on the cruise control, turn on the lights and THEN you start your car.
15. you drive with windows closed and never turn on the AC
16. your passenger accidently farts and you don't open the windows because you'll lose mpg on the freeway.
17. you removed the spare, jack, and tools.
18. you think the sidewall max psi is just a suggestion.
19. gasprices.com is your homepage

you guys number off and continue

kickflipjr 04-27-2006 04:53 AM

20. When you your tires are

20. When your tires are at 40psi you think they are getting low.
21. More time is spent looking at your rearview mirror/ scangauge then looking at the road.
22. You wax your car to make it more areo.
23. you only drive when the temp is over 50
24. you only drive with a tailwind.
25. you plan your trip so you drive up the least amount of hills possible.
26. you draft in the rain
27. you draft in the snow

rh77 04-27-2006 05:34 AM

28. You drive way under the speed limit
29. You install an EBH in a climate that gets into the 100's in August
30. You shift the automatic in N at lights or,
31. Shut off the car, and Coast!

krousdb 04-27-2006 05:52 AM

32. You push your car out

32. You push your car out of the garage and position it such that it is pointing toward the driveway before getting in and starting it up.

GasSavers_brick 04-27-2006 08:39 AM

33. You manage 25% over the

33. You manage 25% over the EPA estimate for your car and drive yourself mad because it "isn't really that good."

MetroMPG 04-27-2006 09:14 AM

34. when getting ready to

ha! i do # 32 if i'm just moving the car in the driveway.

34. when getting ready to leave a parking lot, you don't start the engine until you've timed the next traffic light you can see 1 and a half blocks away.
35. you strategically use your neighbour's up-sloped driveway across the road from yours when arriving home: you coast (engine off, of course) into his, then roll backwards across the street into yours so you can drive straight out the next time you go.
36. wheel skirts. 'nuff said.

#21 made me laugh too. that's me.

Matt Timion 04-27-2006 09:38 AM

Re: 34. when getting ready to

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG
35. you strategically use your neighbour's up-sloped driveway across the road from yours when arriving home: you coast (engine off, of course) into his, then roll backwards across the street into yours so you can drive straight out the next time you go.

OMG... that's hilarious :)

rh77 04-27-2006 12:44 PM

Re: 34. when getting ready to

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG

OMG... that's hilarious :)

Roger that! :D I could coast probably about a half-mile all the way into my garage if the driveway wasn't sloped up -- I could dangerously keep the momentum going without touching the brake in corners and have enough to make it in, but there's a semi-blind 90-degree turn with kids usually playing in the cul-de-sac, so I don't risk it -- emergency maneuvers with engine-off would compound the danger even further.

#21 fits me down to the letter too. I don't even look at the car's speedo anymore, why should I? The vital info's up in the SG (and the speed's much more accurate too).

RH77

The Toecutter 04-27-2006 09:31 PM

37) You spend more time with

37) You spend more time with your foot on the clutch than on the gas
38) You upgrade your engine for less horsepower
39) You drive like you're stoned
40) At every stop you come mere inches from rear ending another car
41) It takes you 1 minute to accelerate to 60 mph from stop
42) If the motorist in front of you is doing 40-45 mph in a 60, you continue to ride behind them, AND draft them, as opposed to passing them
43) You build or are building an electric or biodiesel car
44) Duct tape, plastic, and caulk are everywhere on your vehicle

Matt Timion 04-27-2006 09:33 PM

Re: 37) You spend more time with

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Toecutter
38) You upgrade your engine for less horsepower

Guilty!