Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   You know you're a fuel economy freak when... (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/you-know-youre-a-fuel-economy-freak-when-2014.html)

philmcneal 04-27-2006 11:22 PM

kak at 39, but what happens

kak at 39, but what happens if you get better mileage :O

45 when you get paranoid when a car is behind you, damn no more hypermiling techniques for now :(

46 you piss off a lot of people who drives behind you

47 you try to convince everyone to drive like you, boasting your mileage figures as if its something to be proud of (i just tell people i get 1000km a tank in the city and i get all the eyes :D)

48 you get blinded a lot at night

49 you yell DAMN when that light turns red

50 you feel pain when you touch the brakes and the weight shifts forward

51 when your stuck in a traffic jam, you frown.

52 when you lean forward (yup) hoping it will increase your coasting ability.

53 you get excited over the average mpg meter when a long FAS is expected.

54 you jump for joy when your prediction for a traffic light is dead on.

55 when a good day is 50 mpg, a average day is 40 mpg, and an awesome day is 60 mpg all city of course.

The Toecutter 04-27-2006 11:50 PM

56) When you drive 30 mph in

56) When you drive 30 mph in 5th gear

krousdb 04-28-2006 01:31 AM

Re: 56) When you drive 30 mph in

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Toecutter
56) When you drive 30 mph in 5th gear

57} When you drive 25 mph in 5th gear

Silveredwings 04-28-2006 03:43 AM

58) When you drive 20 mph in

58) When you drive 20 mph in 5th gear (at idle) because you're in creep-n-beep traffic and you can pace yourself.
59) You continually choose between coasting out of gear (longer glide) and coasting in gear (decelerates faster down AND shuts off fuel flow).
60) You read all 60 items. ;)

kickflipjr 04-28-2006 05:44 AM

Quote:52 when you lean

Quote:

52 when you lean forward (yup) hoping it will increase your coasting ability.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

haha. I do the same thing when i am climbing hills. I do this when i am hoping the auto tranny will stay in 4th gear and not go to 3rd gear.

kickflipjr 04-28-2006 05:46 AM

61) Your car is geared to go

61) Your car is geared to go over 300mph but you have never gone over 65mph in it.

Silveredwings 04-28-2006 10:32 AM

62. You no longer mind

62. You no longer mind getting honked at by faster traffic. Of course this is dangerously similar to #39 ;)

63. You give friends & family preposterous driving suggestions like "maybe... er ah... I don't know, slow down?"

64. You consider jetisoning that full-sized spare to save weight.

65. You look at Hummers and feel sardonically superior.

66. You think duct taped body prosthetics are bling.

MetroMPG 04-28-2006 11:20 AM

67. you're conflicted over

67. you're conflicted over not stopping to let a pedestrian cross the road: you want to be courteous, but damn, courtesy kills coasting and forces an early re-start

68. you wonder what the guy behind you must be thinking as he watches you poke along just below the limit, then take the next corner without even touching the brakes (ok, that's pretty close to #4)

69. you're reluctant to lend the car to friends/family because you don't want them killing your tank average

diamondlarry 04-28-2006 11:25 AM

Re: 67. you're conflicted over

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG
67. you're conflicted over not stopping to let a pedestrian cross the road: you want to be courteous, but damn, courtesy kills coasting and forces an early re-start

68. you wonder what the guy behind you must be thinking as he watches you poke along just below the limit, then take the next corner without even touching the brakes

69. you're reluctant to lend the car to friends/family because you don't want them killing your tank average

#69 is so me!:jawdrop: Do you have a camera or something hidden in my car? :D

Silveredwings 04-28-2006 01:13 PM

Re 2: 67. you're conflicted over

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG

68. you wonder what the guy behind you must be thinking as he watches you poke along just below the limit, then take the next corner without even touching the brakes (ok, that's pretty close to #4)

LOL. Oh man, I'm guilty of all three of those. }:)