Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   You know you're a fuel economy freak when... (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/you-know-youre-a-fuel-economy-freak-when-2014.html)

SVOboy 04-28-2006 01:31 PM

Hate to say it, but I'm sure

Hate to say it, but I'm sure it's true for some people:

70. Consume more alcohol by volume than gas.

diamondlarry 04-28-2006 02:32 PM

71. You put off going

71. You put off going somewhere because the direction of your destination will force you to drive into a headwind.
I'm hoping for winds out of the West next Friday when I go to Pennsyvania for my head swap. :lol:

MetroMPG 04-28-2006 03:05 PM

72. you tap your horn more

72. you tap your horn more than usual... to alert pedestrians/cyclists you're there when in stealth mode (engine-off coasting).

basjoos 04-28-2006 05:09 PM

73. If rain is forecast,

73. If rain is forecast, you check the weather radar before leaving the house so you can try to time your trip to avoid having to drive through the mileage-sapping rain.

Compaq888 04-28-2006 05:53 PM

Re: Hate to say it, but I'm sure

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
Hate to say it, but I'm sure it's true for some people:

70. Consume more alcohol by volume than gas.

GUILTY!!!!!

molecule 04-29-2006 12:49 AM

#9 edit #9: you start to

#9 edit
#9: you start to coast half a mile from a red light even when there's cars behind you. (middle finger optional if they blow their horn)

#74: you stare at all the gas station price signs like god is sending you his message for the day (pre 2004)

#75: you stare at all the gas station price signs like the devil is sending you his message for the day (post 2005)

MetroMPG 04-29-2006 05:04 PM

76) you no longer pick the

76) you no longer pick the shortest route to your destination... you'll drive out of your way for a more efficient path

Compaq888 04-29-2006 05:42 PM

Re: 76) you no longer pick the

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG
76) you no longer pick the shortest route to your destination... you'll drive out of your way for a more efficient path

guilty.

philmcneal 05-01-2006 05:06 PM

77 you fill the oil to

77 you fill the oil to between the MAX and MIN lines.

78 you check your tire pressure every few days instead of weekly

79 you disable power steering and ac for more FE (i'm still debating on that one, although i wonder if disabling power steering alone was worth it)

80 you tape up any holes in your wheels to smooth out airflow

81 you throw a towel for your rear window so that when you come back to it, the rear is not wet or frosted and you do not need to use the rear defroster.

82 if you position your car in a way so that you can bump start instead of keying on so that you can abuse warm up FAS Pulse and glide.

83 you tried to bump start in reverse but failed miserably

84 if you use cardboard to build some wheel covers

85 instead of waiting at a red light with the foot on the brake, you pull your ebrake up either because a) you don't want to drain your battery because your engine is off or b) your trying to reserve the alternator to charge more of the battery for your next FAS

86 running red and yellow lights, but hey you can't help it... your engine is off hehe. Better than going through it at a very high speed. Although I do debate sometimes, and if I take longer than a second to decide I just hit the brakes as painful as it sounds. And I pray that the key will start my engine again...

kickflipjr 05-01-2006 06:07 PM

Quote:83 you tried to bump

Quote:

83 you tried to bump start in reverse but failed miserably
I hope you didn't try that. If you did, you are a fuel economy freak.