Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   New Car. New Fuelly Guy (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/new-car-new-fuelly-guy-20193.html)

RedJellyBean 08-21-2018 02:44 PM

New Car. New Fuelly Guy

Hi. Just bought a new Mazda 3 Hatchback w/a 2.5L engine. LOVE the car. Just entered my second fill-up but noticed it does not show-up when I use the "Research Vehicles" to view all the other 2018 Mazda 3 vehicles.

Does anyone know how long it takes before the submissions show-up for the general public to see?

Anyhow, I used this site while researching vehicle economy and will pay it back by logging my fuel stats for others to see.

Ray

Draigflag 08-21-2018 11:04 PM

Hi Ray, welcome to fuelly. Don't worry, your stats will become public from your next fuel up onwards. Enjoy the new car.

RedJellyBean 08-22-2018 02:05 AM

Thanks Draigflag. Makes sense because "average" fuel economy needs at least a few samples to be statistically significant.

Take care...

Ray

LDB 08-22-2018 05:24 AM

Congrats on the new car. I had one for a while. They are really nice cars and very useful and practical too. Welcome to the forum.

RedJellyBean 08-22-2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDB (Post 198681)
Congrats on the new car. I had one for a while. They are really nice cars and very useful and practical too. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks LDB...

This is my 3rd Mazda since 2007. The first was a Mazda6 Sport Touring (5sp manual) which has about 150k miles and is running fine. The second was a 2009 Mazda6 (6sp manual) which was destroyed in a freak accident (no injuries) at/about 50k miles. They are/were fantastic vehicles. The Mazda3 is a 2.5L Hatchback Touring w/6sp Automatic. So far, I like it the best. Handles great, has reserve power and the trans is very nice!

On the 1st tank of fuel, it gave 33 MPG. Like magic, on the second tank, the economy meter was often reading in the 41 to 43 MPG range and ultimately gave 38 MPG for the tank average. I also manually calculate miles driven and gallons consumed and the numbers agreed with the economy meter within 0.2 MPG (which I think is pretty cool).

FWIW, I've had 4 new Toyota vehicles since 1981. -Also outstanding vehicles.

Ray

trollbait 08-23-2018 05:55 AM

Do you have the iEloop regenerative braking on your Mazda?

RedJellyBean 08-23-2018 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trollbait (Post 198687)
Do you have the iEloop regenerative braking on your Mazda?

No. I have the Touring model and iELoop is typically found only on the Grand Touring. I thought about getting a Grand Touring model but, the road lane assistance feature did not appeal to me.

Ray

PS: I had a 240 mile road trip today and filled-up just before leaving. The vehicle computer is showing a tank average of 40.1 MPG (these are US gallons). Speeds were mostly 58 to 65 MPH the whole time. AC was on for last half of the trip. -Really impressed with this. My hat is off to Mazda.