Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   So which air filters are the best???? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/so-which-air-filters-are-the-best-2035.html)

Compaq888 04-30-2006 06:38 PM

So which air filters are the best????

I thought I saw metrompg post a pic of all the filters and it was so weird brand that was the best.

My air filters keep getting dirty too quick. After 5-6k I have to get a new filter. Any recommendations??? I can get a new nissan filter for about $7.50 but they get dirty quick and so does the Fram crap. My engine sucks in air like crazy.

SVOboy 04-30-2006 07:06 PM

If you get a worse filter it

If you get a worse filter it will take more time to get dirty.

Compaq888 04-30-2006 07:08 PM

Re: If you get a worse filter it

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
If you get a worse filter it will take more time to get dirty.

so I'm getting the best filters?

SVOboy 04-30-2006 07:13 PM

Possibly. I friend with a

Possibly. I friend with a f150 found a dyno test with 12 filters and ac delco was the best and k&n was the worst. And metro's graph confirms the bad filtering capabilities of the k&n (if we are to believe it).

Compaq888 04-30-2006 07:19 PM

Re: Possibly. I friend with a

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
Possibly. I friend with a f150 found a dyno test with 12 filters and ac delco was the best and k&n was the worst. And metro's graph confirms the bad filtering capabilities of the k&n (if we are to believe it).

but did the ac delco filter out good?

SVOboy 04-30-2006 07:22 PM

It's considered an OE

It's considered an OE replacement, I believe, so it's around the stock filtering quality. I just hit my dirt out on the driveway and it's mostly all gone, :p

Compaq888 04-30-2006 07:26 PM

So if my nissan filter gets

So if my nissan filter gets dirty after 4-5 months and I see the best mpg with it then I should keep with it?

also what could be causing it to get dirty so fast, even if it's good at filtering something else must be wrong?

SVOboy 04-30-2006 07:28 PM

I can't honestly say why so

I can't honestly say why so fast. Mine's sposed to be changed every 15k miles, and I haven't even looked at it since I first bought the car, mehbe I will.

Compaq888 04-30-2006 07:33 PM

I'll be changing my engine

I'll be changing my engine temp. sensor which control closed loop, amount of fuel being dumped, when the fans turn on and off and some other things I don't know about.

Maybe the sensor has something to do how much the engine sucks air???

GasSavers_Ryland 04-30-2006 09:18 PM

I have a sweeeet foam filter

I have a sweeeet foam filter simaler to what amsoil used to sell, they now sell a "micro fiber" filter that you just blow out with compressed air that is suposed to do as good if not better of a job at collecting dirt then normal paper, with a higher air flow, or so they say.
I haven't noticed any differnce in mpg gains with paper over the foam, but I like that I can wash my foam filter, re-oil it, and not have the cost or extra trip to the store to buy a new one.