Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   The Honda Fit (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/the-honda-fit-2069.html)

GasSavers_DaX 05-08-2006 01:25 PM

The Honda Fit

With all the new ruckus about the Honda Fit, I've decided to explore the possibilites a little bit.

I really like this car, but I'll never buy a new car. If I buy one, it might be in about 3 to 5 years from now. I know that the Fit sold with the L13A in Japan, a 1.3L that gets better mileage than the 1.5L VTEC engine. I've called around all the engine importers in Atlanta and pretty much gotten the same dead air response when I asked if they knew when they'd be getting any Honda L-series engines in. I guess I need to give it a few years for the importers to start getting these engines in. But hasn't the Fit/Jazz been available overseas for over 4 years? If I did end up getting one, I'd almost surely do a 1.3L swap for better mileage.

I'm very excited about the new engine technology that Honda has come out with!

Matt Timion 05-08-2006 01:50 PM

Re: The Honda Fit

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaX
With all the new ruckus about the Honda Fit, I've decided to explore the possibilites a little bit.

I really like this car, but I'll never buy a new car. If I buy one, it might be in about 3 to 5 years from now. I know that the Fit sold with the L13A in Japan, a 1.3L that gets better mileage than the 1.5L VTEC engine. I've called around all the engine importers in Atlanta and pretty much gotten the same dead air response when I asked if they knew when they'd be getting any Honda L-series engines in. I guess I need to give it a few years for the importers to start getting these engines in. But hasn't the Fit/Jazz been available overseas for over 4 years? If I did end up getting one, I'd almost surely do a 1.3L swap for better mileage.

I'm very excited about the new engine technology that Honda has come out with!

i was telling my wife yesterday that I would get a Fit when the hybrid version comes out. I really like the "trunk" space, and it's kind of a cute car. :)

Compaq888 05-08-2006 01:55 PM

and what mpg does the 1.3

and what mpg does the 1.3 liter get?? please specify city and freeway mpg...

philmcneal 05-08-2006 02:36 PM

Re: and what mpg does the 1.3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888
and what mpg does the 1.3 liter get?? please specify city and freeway mpg...

I Believe it was 35/50 respectively with CVT

SVOboy 05-08-2006 03:25 PM

They also made an 8 valve

They also made an 8 valve 1.2l, long live the 8 valver!

Compaq888 05-08-2006 04:04 PM

50 for freeway is good, but

50 for freeway is good, but the city number is almost the same as the 1.5 liter.

GasSavers_Randy 05-08-2006 06:13 PM

Re: They also made an 8 valve

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
They also made an 8 valve 1.2l, long live the 8 valver!

I think everything other than the 1.5 is 8 valve, 8 plug.

The Fit is pretty neat, though I can't believe it doesn't even get 40 on the highway. Really turned me off looking at it. The mileage should be pretty good once they make the hybrid though.

SVOboy 05-08-2006 06:16 PM

I think most of honda will

I think most of honda will be 2 pluggers pretty soon, it's a smart idea, kinda like a wideband in the vx in 92 and now in 2006 it;s standard.

Compaq888 05-08-2006 06:20 PM

standard,

standard, LOL!!!!!!!!!

Nissan doesn't even know what a wideband is. I think they put wideband on a 2005 altima, I don't know. Once again this proves nissan dropped the ball.

SVOboy 05-08-2006 06:29 PM

Standard for honda, duh.

Standard for honda, duh. Even my new co-worker in all of his racism admits that honda still knows how to make a car.