Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   FFI (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/ffi-2094.html)

tomauto 05-18-2006 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
It's possible that you missed it when I said the following:

If you are unable to provide samples for testing, then perhaps the corporate office will?

If you can't give a sample to our admin or one of the members with a scangauge...then how do you expect the rest of us to fall for your product?

Just because you say you have 20 million miles of testing (from your site) doesn't mean anything when we dont know who did the testing, or how it was attempted.

Matt Timion 05-18-2006 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomauto
Just because you say you have 20 million miles of testing (from your site) doesn't mean anything when we dont know who did the testing, or how it was attempted.

Also when he claims to obtain 29 mpg, which is well within the EPA rating of his vehicle, I'm a little skeptical. If the best this product can do is give me the EPA rating of my vehicle then I'll be happy to stick with what I'm doing now, which gives me mileage above the EPA rating.

tomauto 05-18-2006 11:29 AM

others..

I really feel bad for everybody out there honestly looking to find something like that. I had a friend come up to me (a real car enthusiast too!!) and say how the Tornado really worked. He said that it was tested by a worker at the Toyota plant test one on a truck, and it really worked...I asked him how, and that swirl effect was super-effective. Then I led him to your post on the tornado...silence

I dont know who I hate more, people who write adware/spyware programs, or people who just want to make a quick buck on the new trend in cars.

GasSavers_MPGmaker 05-21-2006 04:37 AM

My tests

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
Also when he claims to obtain 29 mpg, which is well within the EPA rating of his vehicle, I'm a little skeptical. If the best this product can do is give me the EPA rating of my vehicle then I'll be happy to stick with what I'm doing now, which gives me mileage above the EPA rating.

I received 29 MPG in town and 35 on the highway. Far above the EPA standards

Matt Timion 05-21-2006 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPGmaker
I received 29 MPG in town and 35 on the highway. Far above the EPA standards

And I also receive 35 in town and 43 on the highway. I also have a motor leaking oil and I have no additives.

Can you give us the corporate office's number so I can call and ask for samples?

GasSavers_MPGmaker 05-22-2006 03:34 AM

Cust. Service Dept.

Here's the number:

(407)682-0060

If things don't work out there, Matt, give me a call

JanGeo 05-22-2006 05:46 AM

Altima OWNERS!!!

from their website:

"2. In the most recent test, a 2005 Nissan Altima was laboratory confirmed to show an 11.1% increase in miles per gallon and testing confirmed a long term emissions benefit with MPG-Boost? ."

Be interesting to find out if it can ADD more fuel savings to what we are already doing. (Note: being tested does not mean that it yields mpg gains)

Compaq888 05-22-2006 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanGeo
from their website:

"2. In the most recent test, a 2005 Nissan Altima was laboratory confirmed to show an 11.1% increase in miles per gallon and testing confirmed a long term emissions benefit with MPG-Boost? ."

Be interesting to find out if it can ADD more fuel savings to what we are already doing. (Note: being tested does not mean that it yields mpg gains)

please leave the new altima out of this. That engine is very unreliable. They swallow intake manifold screws, break down, flood with gas, burn oil, kill cats, and have continuous engine leaks even after getting fixed at the dealer. That engine is as reliable as a broken tree branch that needs to hold a 500lb fat man.

Matt Timion 05-22-2006 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanGeo
from their website:

I think this would be great. Did they provide their methodology? Did they provide all of the variables used in testing, or was this one of those tests where the guy put a pill in and then reported a MPG increase?

True experiments leave nothing to be wondered. All of the methodology is out there for everyone to see. True experiments can be replicated. True experiments are done under controlled conditions. Was the 2005 Altima experiment a controlled one?

These are more rhetorical questions than anything else.

JanGeo 05-22-2006 08:01 AM

altima

Yeah Compaq888 even my mechanic brother says the Altima runs pretty poorly. But then again I ran my 80 Rabbit to 163,000 miles and you could not see any smoke out the tail pipe without the cat connected yet he said it would not last 60k.

Testing and marketing are done by two different types of people - rhetorical noted! Not sure I want my combustion chamber coated with their little microbes - could interfer with my Synlube.

The true test would be if it improves mpg more than your best ever mpg.