Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Transmissions and Running Gear (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f11/)
-   -   I have discovered injector off coasting! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f11/i-have-discovered-injector-off-coasting-2106.html)

SVOboy 05-15-2006 06:48 AM

I have discovered injector off coasting!

Just like I said, if my lock-up solenoid is in full lockup then I can take the foot off the pedal in gear and the injectors will shut off, how fantastic!

This may suck for those of you with partial lock-up, but it should be easy enough to figure out when you're in full lock-up.

MetroMPG 05-15-2006 06:57 AM

all hail superMID and the

all hail superMID and the knowledge it spawns.

SVOboy 05-15-2006 07:00 AM

Yes, if only I could stick

Yes, if only I could stick this electronic vss in my tranny and get the instant going.

basjoos 05-15-2006 08:20 AM

You can also tell when your

You can also tell when your ignition is shutting off by tuning to an unused AM frequency on your radio. With the volume turned up, you can hear a light sputtering noise generated by the ignition system that changes with RPM. This noise drops out entirely as you head down a hill in gear with your foot off the accelerator. At least this detection method works on my 02 Honda Odyssey and my 92 Civic.

SVOboy 05-15-2006 08:22 AM

Haha, that's rediculously

Haha, that's rediculously clever. I'm glad I have the superMID cuz I wouldn't be able to put up with that ****.

mtbiker278 05-15-2006 09:07 AM

I'm gonna have to try that

I'm going to have to try that.

Compaq888 05-15-2006 09:56 AM

Re: You can also tell when your

Quote:

Originally Posted by basjoos
You can also tell when your ignition is shutting off by tuning to an unused AM frequency on your radio. With the volume turned up, you can hear a light sputtering noise generated by the ignition system that changes with RPM. This noise drops out entirely as you head down a hill in gear with your foot off the accelerator. At least this detection method works on my 02 Honda Odyssey and my 92 Civic.

That kind of doesn't make sense. Why would the ignition shut off unless you're saying that fuel injection shuts off when you have your foot off the gas. Is that what you're saying????

Compaq888 05-15-2006 09:58 AM

Re: I have discovered injector off coasting!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
Just like I said, if my lock-up solenoid is in full lockup then I can take the foot off the pedal in gear and the injectors will shut off, how fantastic!

This may suck for those of you with partial lock-up, but it should be easy enough to figure out when you're in full lock-up.

Please explain partial lock up and full lock up. Also what are your rpm when your injectors shut off?

JanGeo 05-15-2006 10:08 AM

lockup

Hey do the plugs keep firing when the injectors don't inject any fuel??

GasSavers_DaX 05-15-2006 10:21 AM

Re: lockup

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanGeo
Hey do the plugs keep firing when the injectors don't inject any fuel??

Honda ECU's simply cut the ground to the injectors on 0% throttle decel. The ignition is still firing inside the dry cylinders though.

Honda also uses a fuel cut instead of an ignition cut for the rev limiter.