Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Who drives a 1/reduced seater? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/who-drives-a-1-reduced-seater-2110.html)

SVOboy 05-15-2006 06:49 PM

Who drives a 1/reduced seater?

I popped my passenger seat out the other day to haul my new engine around, and I'm just gonna leave it out, it's not like I have a girlfriend...

Anyone else riding this train?

Compaq888 05-15-2006 06:53 PM

my car weighs so much If I

my car weighs so much If I take out the seats I won't even gain 1mpg.

GasSavers_Diemaster 05-15-2006 06:56 PM

Re: Who drives a 1/reduced seater?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
it's not like I have a girlfriend...

LOL thats a PERFECT exscuse for me and my parents :D thx svoboy :D

i've thought about taking out the passenger seat and making a little bed or somthing. somthing i can take naps between classes at collage :P

kickflipjr 05-15-2006 07:15 PM

I have had my rear seats out

I have had my rear seats out from time to time. But i don't like seeing all that bare steel in my trunk. Plus i do need to carry +2 people sometimes.

thisisntjared 05-15-2006 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diemaster
i've thought about taking out the passenger seat and making a little bed or somthing. somthing i can take naps between classes at collage :P

my guess is are a freshman in collEge?? :P

i take my rear seat out from time to time if i get board. maybe ill try taking out the passenger seat for the next time i head down to atco.... hmm...

Silveredwings 05-15-2006 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
I popped my passenger seat out the other day to haul my new engine around, and I'm just gonna leave it out, it's not like I have a girlfriend...

Anyone else riding this train?

It sounds like a good enough precursor to the old "pull-up a face line." }:)

GasSavers_DaX 05-16-2006 03:57 AM

I rode the "gutted interior"

I rode the "gutted interior" wagon for a while, but can't any more. I often have at least one passenger, and sometimes more, so all of my seats must remain. Plus after driving a car for a few years with no carpet/consoles/trim/seats, you begin to miss your interior. Even if I ever build a sick streetable drag car, it will have the full interior.

Compaq888 05-16-2006 11:51 AM

having no interior might

having no interior might mean you're a ricer/have a fast car. Either way it causes other people to try to race you. It also gives the cops the wrong impression and makes them tell you to open the hood.

SVOboy 05-16-2006 12:38 PM

Quote:Either way it causes

Quote:

Either way it causes other people to try to race you
I drive the car with the reputation for racing in an area full of street racers, haven't had it happen once.

Quote:

It also gives the cops the wrong impression and makes them tell you to open the hood.
Once I was hotwiring my car in the street at one in the morning, totally gutted, wires everywhere, a cop asked what was up, I just said working, and he said, move it to your driveway, so I did, and he left.

XFi 05-16-2006 06:28 PM

Not Missing My Missing Seat

I took my passenger seat and spare w/jack out last month to reduce weight. It really came in handy having the extra room when I was moving. In fact, it has come in handy several times. People sometimes do stare when someone gets out of the back seat, but I don't mind.

I am getting the urge to strip the interior (except dash, rear seat and driver's seat, of course). Not really sure if I want to...everything is in almost perfect shape...hmmmmm? :) Oh well, I think I will wait...or not. Anyway, no plans in the near future to reinstall the passenger seat.