Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Hypermiling (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f33/)
-   -   Anybody see the new scangauge 2??? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f33/anybody-see-the-new-scangauge-2-a-2114.html)

Compaq888 05-16-2006 12:08 PM

Anybody see the new scangauge 2???

looks small, does the same thing but has better features.

diamondlarry 05-16-2006 12:16 PM

Re: Anybody see the new scangauge 2???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888

Yeah. According to the website, the new one is 1/4 of the volume and the display is 50% bigger. Nice! I'm getting one; soon. :-)

MetroMPG 05-16-2006 12:20 PM

cool. the new box is nice,

cool. the new box is nice, but here's the best new feature:

Quote:

ScanGauge II to USB Interface available in August 2006. Allows data logging, field upgrades, data downloads and more
i had asked the builder about that option early this year, and he said "no". didn't want to raise the price of the unit.

about-face on both points: it's now $40 more, at $170.

https://scangauge.com

Compaq888 05-16-2006 12:33 PM

yeah but if you have USB

yeah but if you have USB interface then you have to have a laptop in the car. Why don't you just tell the builder it would be easier to just stick the jumpdrive on the side of it and get the info off like that. Then take the jumpdrive and hook up later to any computer. That would be a cool option too for people that don't have a laptop.

Compaq888 05-16-2006 12:34 PM

Re: Anybody see the new scangauge 2???

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamondlarry
Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888

Yeah. According to the website, the new one is 1/4 of the volume and the display is 50% bigger. Nice! I'm getting one; soon. :-)

The only reason I found out about the new scangauge is I saw your for sale post.

SVOboy 05-16-2006 12:41 PM

Quote:yeah but if you have

Quote:

yeah but if you have USB interface then you have to have a laptop in the car. Why don't you just tell the builder it would be easier to just stick the jumpdrive on the side of it and get the info off like that. Then take the jumpdrive and hook up later to any computer. That would be a cool option too for people that don't have a laptop.
\

The jumpdrive doesn't have the capability to run datalogging software, :(

Compaq888 05-16-2006 12:43 PM

that sucks then.

that sucks then.

95metro 05-16-2006 12:52 PM

Re: Quote:yeah but if you have

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
The jumpdrive doesn't have the capability to run datalogging software, :(

But if the Jumpdrive recorded raw data then a data logging program should be able to interpret it. Unless there's nothing in the automotive world that does that. I work for an oilfield equipment manufacturer and we build acquisition software for downhole tools. All data is recorded directly to the computer's harddrive and then interpreted by the logging software.

95metro 05-16-2006 01:03 PM

As an afterthought, the

As an afterthought, the ScanGauge may very well be saving all the data anyway. A 32-64 MB memory chip can save a lot of information and be very small. In this case, the information probably could be mass dumped to a computer or a jumpdrive - you'd just need to buy or make a cable with a female end for the jumpdrive.

Compaq888 05-16-2006 01:10 PM

Re: As an afterthought, the

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95metro
As an afterthought, the ScanGauge may very well be saving all the data anyway. A 32-64 MB memory chip can save a lot of information and be very small. In this case, the information probably could be mass dumped to a computer or a jumpdrive - you'd just need to buy or make a cable with a female end for the jumpdrive.

MetroMPG maybe you should mention this next time you talk to the builder.