Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Hypermiling (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f33/)
-   -   Anybody see the new scangauge 2??? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f33/anybody-see-the-new-scangauge-2-a-2114.html)

mtbiker278 05-16-2006 01:12 PM

looks a whole lot better

The new scan gauge looks a whole lot better. The first version looks like a "giant plastic unrefined brick" as my dad would say. Figures coming from and electrical engineer.

Do you guys think that the price will drop at all? r is it more likely to go up in price since more people are finding out about it and demand will be higher?

Compaq888 05-16-2006 01:46 PM

with the higher demand it

with the higher demand it will go down. He/she has no reason to jack up the price. The demand is not THAT high.

mtbiker278 05-16-2006 01:52 PM

supply and demand

it depends on how many people are demanding, and how many they are producing. If he only makes a certain number of scan gauges, and a whole lot of people are demanding them, then the price would go up typically.

However, if they just choose to make more scan gauges the price would stay the same, and they would just sell a higher quantity. In this case they could reduce the price and still make a decent profit since they will be making more sales over all.

I remember seeing that they had sold out of scan guages and that they weren't going to make any more for 2005. Although that is most likely due to the newer version being phased in.

Compaq888 05-16-2006 02:03 PM

I'm sure if there was a

I'm sure if there was a group buy then the price will go down.

SVOboy 05-16-2006 02:21 PM

For all that the thing does,

For all that the thing does, I wouldn't worry too much about it being expensive. The guys at my shop have to pay 6500 for a snap-on obd2 code reader, :p

mtbiker278 05-16-2006 03:32 PM

$6500!!!!

holy crap, does it fix the car for you or something?

SVOboy 05-16-2006 03:34 PM

It tells you what the codes

It tells you what the codes are and let's you clear them when you fix them.

JanGeo 05-16-2006 03:35 PM

ScanGauge

OH GOD I WANT ONE ! ! ! !

My old one fits ok on the dash but is just a little too small to see and it seems to be running all by itself sometimes when I get in the car. Would give me a spare one to check other cars with too and a smaller one will fit on the dash better. The other thought I had was to cut down the old box to fit better and put some dimming in it to worok off the dash lighting control and maybe allow sunlight into the back so it can be viewed better on sunny days.

SVOboy 05-16-2006 03:37 PM

I see a lot more people

I see a lot more people entering the scangauge game as the old model is sold off for cheap, :)

MetroMPG 05-16-2006 04:11 PM

Re: I'm sure if there was a

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888
I'm sure if there was a group buy then the price will go down.

he doesn't do group buys. asked about that months ago.

i expect the price will stay where it is - the first one never budged. however, i wouldn't be surprised if the USB version is more than the regular SG 2.

i bought mine used on ebay and saved only $10. the price diamondlarry is asking is really good. i think he could get more than that if he wanted.