Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   100 mpg (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/100-mpg-2181.html)

MetroMPG 05-24-2006 04:00 PM

100 mpg

Yeah, I was going to put this in the daily FE thread, but then I deemed it threadworthy on its own. I've been scratching this itch since I realized it was possible, and after supper today I pulled out the stops and headed out to do the city loop: 101 mpg

krousdb 05-24-2006 04:12 PM

Metro, welcome to the 100 MPG club! Us triple digiters have to stick together. And what makes it even more remarkable is that you did it with non-hybrid technology.:D This is truly a feat of technical driving excellence!

kickflipjr 05-24-2006 04:19 PM

AWESOME!!

what is the next mpg goal?

tomauto 05-24-2006 04:46 PM

Tank Average

To bring up the average of the tank I suppose...What is your average miles per gallon for a tank?

JanGeo 05-24-2006 05:14 PM

100mpg

Congratulations!

Now how many MPG per lb does that come out to . . .

I hope you guys don't mind me (constantly) mentioning my 40mpg tank average in a Scion xB which is way bigger than what you all are driving.

Oh yeah and I added a photo of my honda to my avitar.

MetroMPG 05-24-2006 05:45 PM

Thanks for the cheers, guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krousdb
Metro, welcome to the 100 MPG club!

Thanks, I didn't even know there was a club. So where are the snacks at? ;)

I've been waiting specifically for a 100+ round trip before posting this thread. I've already seen a bunch of 100+ one-way segments (125 is the highest one-way segment I've seen), but one-way isn't quite as demanding as getting home again with a good number.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kickflipjr
what is the next mpg goal?

tomauto's on the right track: to figure out how to improve my highway FE so my tank averages don't get killed by road trips. Either that or do an entire tank of city driving. Man... that would take forever at 100 MPG. That's 1000 miles. :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomauto
What is your average miles per gallon for a tank?

My 3-tank average is 59.3. It should rise to low 60's with the next fill-up.

MetroMPG 05-24-2006 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanGeo
Now how many MPG per lb does that come out to

JanGeo - that's an inspired question!

I'm surprised nobody's come up with that yet. Speed performance enthusiasts love to talk power to weight. We should be comparing FE to weight. I'm going to start a thread right now...

zpiloto 05-24-2006 06:19 PM

MetroMPG thats amazing. Before long you'll be making gas in the old Blackfly. If your gas gauge goes down someones probably siphoning it out.;)

MetroMPG 05-24-2006 06:26 PM

Speaking of decimals, zpiloto (reference to the MPG to weight thread), notice that the ScanGauge drops the 10ths above 100 MPG. That kinda bites.

Too bad this wasn't a Canadian or British/Commonwealth web site. We'd be celebrating 100 mpg (Imperial) earlier and more often!

philmcneal 05-24-2006 11:18 PM

Very
Well
Done

Something to attract more users to metrompg.com ;) with those beautiful three digit numbers... now work for the tank and you know you will rule!