Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Car wrecked. (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/car-wrecked-2208.html)

Compaq888 05-30-2006 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisisntjared
that is stand up character right there!!! what an amazing guy! bro make sure you thank him time and time again

never go to that track again.

So he is not screwing me???

psyshack 05-30-2006 09:59 AM

You where at a track. I think your coming out real good. Reguardless of the situation or the players in it.

thisisntjared 05-30-2006 10:46 AM

if hes doing more than he legally has to then yes, he is not screwing you. paint is cheap and so is a new fender. you might want to pick up a fresh hood though...

anyway, labor will double the cost. remember, your frame is not bent, alignment is still good, and the car still goes forward. the damage is only cosmetic.

Compaq888 05-30-2006 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisisntjared
if hes doing more than he legally has to then yes, he is not screwing you. paint is cheap and so is a new fender. you might want to pick up a fresh hood though...

anyway, labor will double the cost. remember, your frame is not bent, alignment is still good, and the car still goes forward. the damage is only cosmetic.

He is not at fault, the only reason he hit me was because he was directed wrong. I'm not at fault either. He is doing the labor himself. So if he is doing labor and painting he's doing more than he's suppose to??

I don't even have the money for the corner light and the fender, much a hood. Unless somebody donates me a hood It'll be crooked.

Compaq888 05-30-2006 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psyshack
You where at a track. I think your coming out real good. Reguardless of the situation or the players in it.

I wasn't on the actual track, I was in line to get on it.

Matt Timion 05-30-2006 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888
So if he is doing labor and painting he's doing more than he's suppose to??

Considering he is legally obligated to do absolutely nothing, I'd say he's doing more than he's supposed to.

Compaq888 05-30-2006 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
Considering he is legally obligated to do absolutely nothing, I'd say he's doing more than he's supposed to.

I'm definetly then going to have him sign a paper stating that the work is free. I might come back and he can charge me a grip.

Compaq888 06-01-2006 03:44 PM

he screwed me. He wants money. I'm taking the car to body shop.

Compaq888 06-01-2006 10:23 PM

The pillar is bent that holds the door and the fender. So is the piece of frame that holds the frame that is horizontal. The door will be repainted, the hood will be bent back, the pillar will have to be straightened out. The new fender will have to color matched to the rest of the car, new turn signal/corner light.

The parts are $100, plus some more that the body shop has to purchase. The estimate was $600. So basically I got ****ed by the track officials, and the guy that hit me. Now I have to repair my own car for $700 because a cop decided to make another car crash into mine as a bad joke.

thisisntjared 06-02-2006 07:54 AM

i say pick up a cheap crx.