Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Project KBA, KMA (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/project-kba-kma-2377.html)

Matt Timion 07-04-2006 07:34 AM

You're probably almost home... wishing you the best of luck. Sounds like the car was worth what you paid considering all of the fixes you'll need to do.

Anyway, I'm still jealous ;)

krousdb 07-04-2006 05:27 PM

Guess how long the CV joints lasted.......

SVOboy 07-04-2006 05:31 PM

All the way home?

krousdb 07-04-2006 05:42 PM

164 miles. Home is 483 miles....... I dont want to talk about it right now.. I suck.

SVOboy 07-04-2006 05:44 PM

Don't worry, I told you you could make it home, so I suck, I can't believe they'd have goneout so fast though based on your dad's description, but Iono, sorry, :( *crycry*

krousdb 07-04-2006 05:54 PM

All is well. I am home. I will splain tomorrow.

MetroMPG 07-04-2006 05:56 PM

But you can't go to bed without throwing some FE numbers at us first. Cruel and unusual! :(

SVOboy 07-04-2006 06:01 PM

Let the man sleep! He started driving at 5am this morning!

krousdb 07-04-2006 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG
But you can't go to bed without throwing some FE numbers at us first. Cruel and unusual! :(

Sorry Darin,
Needed some sleep. Anyway there is quite a story to tell, which I will write later today. About the FE.... It is difficult to know for sure because of the silly gas tank. When I filled it up on Monday evening, the gauge showed 1/2 tank. The pump ckicked off at 6.0 gallons but then I filled it slowly with another 4.8 gals to 10.8. I still don't know if I filled it all the way however. The fuel gauge is shifted such that 1/2 tank = empty and F is 1/2 tank. Anyway, it took 400 miles for the gauge to come down to F. After 527.5 miles I filled up with 7/8 tank showing. It clicked off at 3.4 gallons and I nursed in another 4.95 gallons, 8.35 total. (Im sure that it was filled all the way this time because the fuel was visible at the top of the filler tube and didnt go down.) That comes out to 63.11MPG. 483 miles were highway at 55MPH. The remaining miles were spent hunting for parts and a mechanic and several test drives and lots of idling, which I will splain later. A bit dissappointing but not too bad since I had ****ty dry rotted tires that I was scared to go over 35PSI. And the right rear tire had a slipped belt that caused the rear end to sway back and forth and up and down. It made quite a racket at 55mph but thankfully it held together.

The bad news is that the MID showed over 70 MPG. I set the fuel parameter by scaling the 240cc injector fuel parameter to 190cc. But that doesnt work. Instead of 15000 where I had it, last night after the fill I set it down to 12707 based on gallons pumped compared to the MID fuel used display. Bad news for Ben too I think. Mehbe when he calibrates his tank we will find out more. And since I am unsure that the original fill was actually full, I can't be sure that I am really calibrated. For now I will assume that I am calibrated and if I find out later that I need an adjustment, I will update my mileage log to reflect the correct values.

krousdb 07-05-2006 12:04 AM

I forgot to mention that I don't think that the VX is running right. When I had the Del Sol and was playing around with a chipped ECU, I put in the one that Ben sent me and when I started it up, it threw a CEL and stunk bad. Truned out to be a bad ecu. When I first started the VX it smelled the same way and had a CEL. After changing the O2 sensor, the smell was reduced but not totally gone. The DMM shows that it idles lean but is still smells bad. Im concerned that it won't pass emission testing.Does anyone have a clue what could be wrong? Bad cat? Bad EGR?