Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Question: Best FE Honda-year and model? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/question-best-fe-honda-year-and-model-2381.html)

diamondlarry 06-26-2006 07:34 PM

Question: Best FE Honda-year and model?

I know with all of the Honda guys this could get interesting; so be nice.:p This has probably been covered but *shrug*:D What do you think?

Matt Timion 06-26-2006 08:17 PM

1995 Honda Civic VX

Why 95? It's newer than a 92

VX has four seats, is manual transmission, has A/C, is kinda cute, only weighs 2000lbs, and gets 50ish MPG out of the box.

SVOboy 06-26-2006 08:28 PM

Honda Insight?

Why Insight? Because on average most people won't have more than 2 people or a ton of crap in their car and as long as matt claims 50MPG on the VX I can claim 70 on the Insight.

Matt Timion 06-26-2006 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
Honda Insight?

Why Insight? Because on average most people won't have more than 2 people or a ton of crap in their car and as long as matt claims 50MPG on the VX I can claim 70 on the Insight.

So sorry... I was assuming he wanted a four seater.

Bunger 06-26-2006 08:41 PM

I've gotta show love for the EF, so I'm gunna say 88 Hf (non-cal), which I do believe gets in the 50's for MPG has an awesome amount of cargo room and handles really well.

If you don't have to vote for a stock car, I would say 88 HF with a VX power-plant. The extra 30 HP really makes the HF pretty fun to drive. Or maybe a 88 HF with a HX engine with a ZC tranny. I'm considering going to this setup. The mileage won't be as good, but 115HP in my HF will be something I'm more likely to keep.

SVOboy 06-26-2006 08:54 PM

It's true that the 88 CRX HF had better EPA than the VX, but no one beats the Insight!

Bunger 06-26-2006 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
It's true that the 88 CRX HF had better EPA than the VX, but no one beats the Insight!

Humm...

Honda Insight: 0-60mph : 10.7 seconds.
Bunger HF-Z1: 0-60mph : 7.5

I win =)

GasSavers_Ryland 06-26-2006 09:40 PM

the Local owner of an N600 still clames 50-70mpg.
I would have to say that for most peoples needs an Insight is perfect, if you have kids, or need to haul stuff a civic vx is the way to go, I love the CRX HF partly because they are simple, and work well.
I was just told, by a Honda dealer that in the next year or two they will be coming out with a hybrid diesel to replace the insight with, they did not know what body it would be in.

Matt Timion 06-26-2006 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryland
I was just told, by a Honda dealer that in the next year or two they will be coming out with a hybrid diesel to replace the insight with, they did not know what body it would be in.

That would be super cool. Hopefully it's in the Fit. I just might be tempted to buy one.

diamondlarry 06-27-2006 01:40 AM

Quote:

So sorry... I was assuming he wanted a four seater.
I messed up. I should have specified 4-seats. Matt was correct. I still have 2 kids that I need to haul for awhile. I do agree with SVOboy about the Insight. Why else would Dan and Wayne have chosen an Insight for the TDS?
So it looks like a 1995 Civic VX seems to be the popular choice. Did this car have the lean burn mode and, if not, was there a lean-burn model that gets the same or better FE? Or would the lean-burn option add too much to the cost? Cost is a HUGE factor right at the moment.:D