Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Maintenance and Repair (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f10/)
-   -   Is it okay to buy a high mileage honda?? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f10/is-it-okay-to-buy-a-high-mileage-honda-2397.html)

thisisntjared 06-29-2006 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888
I don't care about cd player. In fact I'll keep the stock one in the car. If it comes with a aftermarket one I'll trade someone for a stock one.

i dont see how that effects what i said. factory cd players get stolen too.

SVOboy 06-29-2006 10:00 PM

You should just take out the drivetrain/fuel system, torch the car, put it back together, and no one will look twice at it except to laugh.

krousdb 06-30-2006 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
Anyway, you're best shot at not having it stolen is the fact that is has no desirable parts on it.

I think your best shot of not having it stolen is to move out of California. Your insurance premiums will also be lower. Just don't move to NJ.:p

krousdb 06-30-2006 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamondlarry
I forgot to mention that the TV was in the back of my '67 Rambler American. Thieves probably felt sorry for me.:D

Ahhh, that brings back good memories. My first car was a 68 Rambler American, baby blue, 199 cid, 3 on the tree.

diamondlarry 06-30-2006 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krousdb
Ahhh, that brings back good memories. My first car was a 68 Rambler American, baby blue, 199 cid, 3 on the tree.

Mine was green and had the Flash-O-Matic 3-speed automatic. The engine was so shot in it that when floored, I had to help push it up onto the trailer to get it home. Somebody had been driving it around so long with a broken push-rod that the broken off end was rounded again. I was only able to get it up to 40mph, on a flat road with a 1/2 mile open stretch. The only good thing about the car was that it had originally had been sold in CA and had only seen 1 or 2 years in IN. Can you imagine a '67 American WITHOUT rusted front fenders in the early '80's. :D

JanGeo 06-30-2006 03:58 AM

Mine was a white 65 Rambler American Flat Head 6 with 3 on the tree and an SU Carburator - front fenders were great - it was the rear quarter panels that rusted out.

Matt Timion 06-30-2006 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krousdb
I think your best shot of not having it stolen is to move out of California. Your insurance premiums will also be lower. Just don't move to NJ.:p

Yes, and your rent/taxes/electrical bills will also be lower.

Oh, and from personal experience moving out of california has also increased my happiness levels as well.

zpiloto 06-30-2006 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
Yes, and your rent/taxes/electrical bills will also be lower.

Oh, and from personal experience moving out of california has also increased my happiness levels as well.

People moving out of CA has decreased my happiness level because they all moved into my town and drove the prices of homes up and turned the roads into parking lots:p:rolleyes:

philmcneal 06-30-2006 12:59 PM

my friend bought a 86 lude that had 320 km on it, it was awesome until his steering disfuctioned and he rammed into a caravan.

the funny thing is the lude had a dent while the caravan was literraly smashed in, and it wasn't high speed collision at all, it was just a sharp corner and then the steering gave up....

so ya engine could have kept going, but other parts of a car must be visually inspected!