Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Garage/Gas-Log Trend? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/garage-gas-log-trend-2419.html)

95metro 06-30-2006 09:15 AM

Garage/Gas-Log Trend?

This isn't terribly significant, just something I found interesting.

Under Top-Ten vehicles the list for highest MPG goes like this:

Honda
Swift-clone
Honda
Honda
Swift-clone
Swift-clone
Honda
Swift-clone
Honda
Honda

For % over EPA average the list is much more diverse:

Honda
VW
Mazda
Honda
Honda
Toyota
Swift-clone
Honda
Saturn
Honda

SVOboy 06-30-2006 09:18 AM

Something you might also notice is that all the hondas are civics and (lemme check) only one is 96-00 generation or after.

EDIT: W00t for 8th % over EPA, my goal is over 100%, :p And W00t for zpiloto keeping with his steady improvement on casper.

Matt Timion 06-30-2006 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95metro
This isn't terribly significant, just something I found interesting.

Under Top-Ten vehicles the list for highest MPG goes like this:

Honda
Swift-clone
Honda
Honda
Swift-clone
Swift-clone
Honda
Swift-clone
Honda
Honda

For % over EPA average the list is much more diverse:

Honda
VW
Mazda
Honda
Honda
Toyota
Swift-clone
Honda
Saturn
Honda

I do think that the % over EPA is a much better indicator of your ability to improve fuel economy.

The other cars just have built-in fuel economy.

95metro 06-30-2006 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
Something you might also notice is that all the hondas are civics and (lemme check) only one is 96-00 generation or after.

Which just proves that the FE average from all manufacturers continues to go down...:mad:

XFi 06-30-2006 09:24 AM

Epa

Metros definately have 'Built in Economy'...but no where near the EPA ratings without fighting for it :mad: . Sorry, just venting, hate being in the negative still on the log.

95metro 06-30-2006 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
I do think that the % over EPA is a much better indicator of your ability to improve fuel economy.

The other cars just have built-in fuel economy.

I agree. One is probably more indicative of the best FE vehicle, while the other will generally indicate the best FE driver.

SVOboy 06-30-2006 09:24 AM

Indeed, but that's why we're here, transforming mediocre cars into amazing ones, :)

95metro 06-30-2006 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XFi
Metros definately have 'Built in Economy'...but no where near the EPA ratings without fighting for it :mad: . Sorry, just venting, hate being in the negative still on the log.

I know what you mean, but you've got it even worse with the Metro XFi. Your EPA avg is what, 55 mpg?

You have a lot of tanks over that, but you get 1 or 2 "bad" tanks in there due to weather and you're sunk. :(

XFi 06-30-2006 09:31 AM

All Better...

Thanks for the sympathetic shoulder to cry on...OK I'm better now :)

JanGeo 06-30-2006 09:37 AM

I'm getting a low tank right now - running with acetone 3oz for the 10.9 gallon fillup no Torco or Marvel oil and it is starting to show at the higher speeds dropping down to the mid 30's for mpg last night but managed to pulse glide it back up to 40mpg for the 25 mile trip.