Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   My first fitness goal is accomplished. #2 here I come! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/my-first-fitness-goal-is-accomplished-2-here-i-come-2498.html)

Compaq888 07-13-2006 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisisntjared
my weight cycles between 160 and 180 all depending on if im lifting or surfing a lot. just like you guys, its completely independant of food intake, strictly muscle mass. last time i check my body fat % it was just south of 5%

That's good to know. But are you ripped(muscles) or are you skinny?? Because you said your body fat is less than 5%

krousdb 07-14-2006 01:43 AM

Just wait until youse guys hit 40. This discussion will be quite different.:D

JanGeo 07-14-2006 02:16 AM

I just spiked to my highschool weight of 181lbs 6' tall I was holding at 160-165lbs - now have way too much fat but everyone says I look great - my 32" waist shorts don't fit - I think it is the hair cut. This much weight and my knees start hurting when I walk.
To gain weight you need to workout and rest a lot - if you stay active you will not gain - too much aerobic and you will not gain.

Compaq888 07-14-2006 07:04 AM

Yeah that's true. I missed 1 day of gym because I went to hangout and I was able to do 20lbs more because my body got more rest. I started my revised workout yesterday so I work out now twice less and twice harder. Also give my muscles 48-72 hours to recover.

In 2 weeks I hope to add 5lbs more to every machine I do.

basjoos 07-14-2006 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krousdb
Just wait until youse guys hit 40. This discussion will be quite different.:D

Well I'm 50, still eating like a horse, and waiting for any signs of the massive weight gain that all of my friends first started predicting would occur when I hit 30. I'm 6' and weigh 180 lbs when I have been trail running, but not weight training, and weigh 195 lbs after I have been hitting the weight machines regularly for awhile. I can still wear the clothes I have left over from my college days.

Compaq888 07-14-2006 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basjoos
Well I'm 50, still eating like a horse, and waiting for any signs of the massive weight gain that all of my friends first started predicting would occur when I hit 30. I'm 6' and weigh 180 lbs when I have been trail running, but not weight training, and weigh 195 lbs after I have been hitting the weight machines regularly for awhile. I can still wear the clothes I have left over from my college days.

what is your weight training like?

GasSavers_katman 07-14-2006 07:44 AM

What planet are you creatures from? I gain weight just from looking at pictures of food. I'm 6'2" 250 pounds 30% fat. My weight fluctuates about 2 pounds up and down. My body fat might be 28% one day and 32% the next. I don't mind the weight, but I'd love to get my body fat down to at least 15%.

JanGeo 07-14-2006 08:07 AM

As you gain more weight your body becomes more efficient at producing heat and therefore burns less calories to keep you warm - 2/3 of your calories goes to producing heat normally - more if you are thin and tall. As you get older people physically slow down and gain weight because they continue to eat the same amount of food but don't exert themselves as much - no running up stairs or walking fast so they gain weight. (generally speaking) People are also driving more and walking less - how many times do you see people trying to park as close to the door at the store as possible. There is also how efficiently your body precesses food - how quickly you pass what you eat and that varies widely between different people.

basjoos 07-14-2006 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888
what is your weight training like?

Running through the Nautilus machines and the bench and leg presses at the "Y". I have the weight stacks maxxed out on some of the Nautilus machines. I maintain my upper body strength because it is useful at work where I sometimes have to climb up above the ceiling to make repairs (its like a combination of tree-climbing and spelunking) and the trail running maintains my lower body strength and the uneven terrain recovery reflexes it builds "fall-proofs" me. Also I figure that keeping in tip-top shape improves my marketability as an employee.

Compaq888 07-16-2006 06:20 AM

I have some bad news. I lost 4 pounds in 3 days. But the good/weird news is my muscles are getting stronger. The machines I'm using for my upper body are proving to be very hard. The machines for my lower body keep getting easier to the point that I have to keep adding weights or it bounces like a rubberband.

On one machine I started at 40lbs but now I'm at 70lbs in one week. My legs are getting strong fast but my upper body is taking such a long time.

Any ideas why I'm losing weight?