Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Cell phone tax - support the Spanish-American War (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/cell-phone-tax-support-the-spanish-american-war-2820.html)

GasSavers_DaX 09-01-2006 04:07 AM

Cell phone tax - support the Spanish-American War

Yep! 3% of your cell phone bill has been funding a war that ended over 100 years ago!

Well, on this next tax season when filing your 2006 tax returns, everyone is eligible to get $30-$60 more back on their refund from the IRS to reimburse for this bullcrap tax. The news said if you've saved your old cell phone bills, you could be eligible for even more. DAMN! I'm so happy I keep all my bills.

Click HERE for a news article on the issue, or just google "cell phone spanish american war."

Click HERE for the IRS's website FAQ about this.

The Toecutter 09-03-2006 01:29 AM

We're still paying interest on the money borrowed for the Civil War. Our overbloated piece of **** government and the banking establishment are just two of many entities fleecing Americans of their hard-earned dollar.

It wouldn't surprise me if these *******s found a way to tax and/or 'privatize' the very air we breath in the future.

GasSavers_DaX 09-03-2006 03:26 AM

Wait a minute...I am all for privatization...in the sense that we the people are taking control FROM the government's hands and putting it into the hands of private individuals and companies. But yes, I believe the government would try to tax the air we breathe if they thought they could get away with it.

The Toecutter 09-03-2006 10:44 AM

I'm for privatization provided that it results in control over resources by individuals, and not corporations. 'Privatization' as we are seeing it today is merely a wealth re-distribution scheme, like communism, only the wealth is being redistributed to the top 1%.

Under the guise of a free market, individuals are losing their property through eminenent domain and other proceedings in the U.S. and through outright war and seizure elsewhere. The rights and general welfare of Americans are being compromised to maximize corporate profits, whether it be through unconstitutional drug wars, an unconstitutional Homeland Security Department, hundreds of billions a year in corporate welfare, or rampant deficet spending gone unchecked; all implemented to maximize profit to various lobbyists.

The free market as we know it today refuses to compensate individuals for personal and property damage that is a direct result of decisions made by chartered corporations(eg. pollution, ect.), thereby forcing the greater public to subsidize the actions of a few businessmen, hiding the true cost of many goods and services.

If we are to be the free republic our founder's envisioned, we cannot merely hand the reigns of control from government to business, as the same result is achieved: individuals become manipulated and controlled to serve an interest not their own.

Thomas Jefferson did indeed warn us of a threat even greater than the despotic control he helped end. "I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial by strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country."