Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   The Fit is GO! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/the-fit-is-go-2966.html)

Matt Timion 09-18-2006 12:52 PM

The Fit is GO!

So I went to Orem, UT today to visit a client of ours. I saw on AutoTrader last night that the Honda Dealership in Orem had a Fit in stock. It was only 5 minutes from where I was, so i drove there.

The Fit that was on Autotrader was already gone. Apparently AutoTrader adds the inventory automatically. This particular Fit was pre-ordered and already sold before it even hit the lot.

So I started talking with the salesman, and wouldn'tyou know it, they had a few Fits coming in in a few weeks.

And one of them was a 5 speed S model and it is silver (it's a cool dark silver). The best part about it is that NO ONE has claimed it yet.

Well, no one until I put down a deposit. Now it's claimed. :)

It should be here within 3-4 weeks. If I don't like it I get my deposit back. If I do like it, the Fit is GO!

Now it's time for me to enter the home stretch of my Civic. I might get a new o2 sensor and do everything I can to get this upto 50mpg in the next few weeks so that some lucky person will buy it to be the ultimate commuter car.

GasSavers_Tasia 09-18-2006 12:57 PM

How much do you want to sell your Honda for, and what kinda of miles does it have on it? 50mpg sounds pretty good.

zpiloto 09-18-2006 01:06 PM

Congrats that's way cool. :cool:

Silveredwings 09-18-2006 01:22 PM

If the car fits, buy it. ;)

Matt Timion 09-18-2006 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasia
How much do you want to sell your Honda for, and what kinda of miles does it have on it? 50mpg sounds pretty good.

Eh, it's a work in progress, so it would be a perfect car for someone that doesn't mind working on it. I'm hoping to get $2000 for it. Then again, getting it from here to Illinois could be pricey too.

rh77 09-18-2006 01:23 PM

Excellent Choice!

Great choice, my good man.

RH77

GasSavers_Tasia 09-18-2006 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
Eh, it's a work in progress, so it would be a perfect car for someone that doesn't mind working on it. I'm hoping to get $2000 for it. Then again, getting it from here to Illinois could be pricey too.

If it's a work in progress..I'm really not that interested. I need a veh. that's ready to go. I'm not much of a gear head. It would have been a good excuse to take a train west though.

SVOboy 09-18-2006 06:52 PM

If I knew you better I'd say something pretty mean.

ketel0ne 09-18-2006 07:10 PM

Great to hear Matt. Sometimes things just come together. Maybe this is payback for running a great site about being fiscally responsible. :) You may need to see if fitmpg.com is ready for your autoblog :)

Matt Timion 09-18-2006 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ketel0ne
Great to hear Matt. Sometimes things just come together. Maybe this is payback for running a great site about being fiscally responsible. :) You may need to see if fitmpg.com is ready for your autoblog :)

!!!!