Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   The Fit is GO! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/the-fit-is-go-2966.html)

Matt Timion 09-18-2006 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
If I knew you better I'd say something pretty mean.

If I knew you better I'd say that being mean about someone buying a car is a waste of energy and pointless.

tomauto 09-18-2006 07:30 PM

congrats! you made a great choice!

GasSavers_Diemaster 09-18-2006 08:14 PM

looks like i won the bet with my shop teacher :D u just won me $50 :D congrats mat. when u finish u can tell my parents how to do it. :)

i dont mind a fixerupper. but the pain of helga still resides. i am going to get an obd2 car so i cna scangauge :D

and BTW i thought u wanted to test drive b4 u bought one?

tomauto 09-18-2006 08:20 PM

alright, diemaster will join the 6th gen civics!!!

SVOboy 09-18-2006 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
If I knew you better I'd say that being mean about someone buying a car is a waste of energy and pointless.

I was just kidding, I was going to ask why the S? Is the S sport or is it like the del sol s meaning slow?

Matt Timion 09-18-2006 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
I was just kidding, I was going to ask why the S? Is the S sport or is it like the del sol s meaning slow?

hehe...

The S and the base model get the same MPG. For the Fit I chose the S b/c it will have a better long term value if I ever need to trade it in, and because I wanted the allow wheels :)

Oh, it has a weird little lip/sideskirt too, so I imagine it has to help with MPG to the skilled.

SVOboy 09-18-2006 08:47 PM

Ah, gotcha. Time for someone to get a SG.

tomauto 09-18-2006 08:51 PM

sg w/usb in october.

rh77 09-18-2006 08:56 PM

Because it looks good, duh...

Quote:

hehe...

The S and the base model get the same MPG. For the Fit I chose the S b/c it will have a better long term value if I ever need to trade it in, and because I wanted the allow wheels :)

Oh, it has a weird little lip/sideskirt too, so I imagine it has to help with MPG to the skilled.

And because it looks so much better, IMHO. I was concerned that the alloy wheels/tires had a wider patch and larger diameter, which would decrease FE, but the data is still out. But, of the new Hondas, it's the best value and has potential. I've said myself, I'd get a Fit, or a used Civic gasser for the price. If I had a pile of cash in the pantry, I'd go for the HCH -- but it's too expensive. There's nothing wrong with your decision Matt -- new car reliability, better emissions, and standard safety features make it a no-brainer.

RH77

bat 09-18-2006 09:09 PM

Quote:

Eh, it's a work in progress, so it would be a perfect car for someone that doesn't mind working on it. I'm hoping to get $2000 for it. Then again, getting it from here to Illinois could be pricey too.

I don't think that you will have any problems selling it for 2K. Advertise it for $2,5000 in ksl.com and be sure to note that it has a new engine and paint job.

If you run an ad there, Craigslist, and the Salt Lake Tribune over a weekend, you will easily get $2,500 by the end of the weekend.