Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   A blatant plea for help (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/a-blatant-plea-for-help-2968.html)

Matt Timion 09-19-2006 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90CivicStandard
I try to spread the word as often as possible. I have been really busy with work lately so I haven't had much time to post, but I have been using the gas log religiously still.

I am also planning a low boost turbo project. I'm going to track my mileage using a few different techniques. Because I swear that last time I had a turbo setup, my FE went up, but I have no evidence... this time it will be well documented!

This is going to be an awesome project. I can't wait to see it.

Gary Palmer 09-19-2006 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90CivicStandard
I try to spread the word as often as possible. I have been really busy with work lately so I haven't had much time to post, but I have been using the gas log religiously still.

I am also planning a low boost turbo project. I'm going to track my mileage using a few different techniques. Because I swear that last time I had a turbo setup, my FE went up, but I have no evidence... this time it will be well documented!

When you do this, do please keep us posted. This is something I've thought about doing, but I can't hardly keep up, as it is. I have read that if you run a modest amount of boost, you can get better mileage, but it would be great to have something more solid than just word's.

GasSavers_Diemaster 09-19-2006 09:29 PM

i got a link in evrey signiture i have but this one ;) i heven have one on my homepage witch has seen 16 hits in 3.5 years :p

GasSavers_DaX 09-20-2006 04:36 AM

I have links in:

*Every signature on every message board I'm on
*MySpace
*Livejournal
*Facebook profile AND every Facebook Group

Matt Timion 09-20-2006 04:09 PM

Some people have said that they've gotten in trouble for posting a link directly to gassavers on other forums in their signatures.

One great way of getting around that would be to post your gaslog signature block. It's already formatted to be a link, so just copy and paste the code under the graphic and you'll be in business.

argylesocks 11-16-2006 08:16 AM

do you have any image files we can use? like in the gassavers.org font?

GasSavers_TomO 11-16-2006 11:19 AM

I tried to post my gassaver log into my signature on the 5 other forums I visit, but some of those boards cannot display a ".php" file as a picture. It usually ends up just displaying the link to the gaslog as a hyperlink. In those cases I post this: I'm a GasSaver!
Which is a link to my garage here at GasSavers.
Granted it would be much easier if we could have a picture that was linked as a .jpg/.jpeg file so it would be more universally accepted among the other types of forum codes out there.

So that was my $.02 about it.

Matt Timion 11-16-2006 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomO
I tried to post my gassaver log into my signature on the 5 other forums I visit, but some of those boards cannot display a ".php" file as a picture. It usually ends up just displaying the link to the gaslog as a hyperlink. In those cases I post this: I'm a GasSaver!
Which is a link to my garage here at GasSavers.
Granted it would be much easier if we could have a picture that was linked as a .jpg/.jpeg file so it would be more universally accepted among the other types of forum codes out there.

So that was my $.02 about it.

I've been meaning to do this. I originally did the php extension because the JPG and PNG images were cached on people's computers, and often wouldn't update for over a month, even if someone's gaslog had changed.

I do think I figured out a way to fix that though. I'll look into it soon and see if it can be changed.

Matt Timion 11-16-2006 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by argylesocks
do you have any image files we can use? like in the gassavers.org font?

What type of images are you looking for? Banners? Etc? If so, I can whip some up this weekend.

JanGeo 11-16-2006 05:15 PM

Two other things Matt . . .

Two gas log entries on the same date get interchanged - my Maine Trip
Cancel out of an edit and it takes you to a protected web page