Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Maintenance and Repair (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f10/)
-   -   Is it possible to chirp 3rd gear in my car??? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f10/is-it-possible-to-chirp-3rd-gear-in-my-car-2970.html)

onegammyleg 09-28-2006 03:58 AM

Hi FormulaTwo - ?I have thought a lot lately about a RWD EV made for drifting. To bring more attention to EV's.?

That sounds like an idea , but just like a turbocharged moped wouldnt get the masses excited I think most would look , see and then forget a drifting EV.

It is the wrong crowd to attract.

rh77 09-29-2006 01:48 AM

I had a stock '97 DX and no, you can't chirp in 3rd gear.

Besides, it sucks for FE!

Look into power-to-weight-to-traction ratios.

RH77

onegammyleg 09-29-2006 07:51 AM

Hi theclencher -?What's the point??

Its just one of those young boy things , , like going out and doing burn outs in the rain., its the only time gutless cars can spin their tyres.

Ted Hart 11-26-2006 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theclencher
I've never even tried to chirp the tires in 2nd or 3rd. What's the point?

The point of these little (mind) excercises is to 1) break axles, 2) make "vroom", "vroom" noises (along with chirping, squealing tires), 3) wobble out CV joints, 4) fry clutches, 5) put funny little "cup" spots on tires, 6) let the male hormones flow! :cool:

red91sit 11-26-2006 06:29 PM

it smells so darn good... I remember my first set of tires i did such a big smokey burn out that I had to roll down all the windows (2) and drive 1/2 a block before I could clearly see again. That was an impressive one. A little secret though, take an old windshield wiper sprayer, fill it with 50:50 bleach:water and have it spray onto the tires. Tire shine also does the same job if not better.

onegammyleg 11-27-2006 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red91sit
it smells so darn good... I remember my first set of tires i did such a big smokey burn out that I had to roll down all the windows (2) and drive 1/2 a block before I could clearly see again. That was an impressive one. A little secret though, take an old windshield wiper sprayer, fill it with 50:50 bleach:water and have it spray onto the tires. Tire shine also does the same job if not better.

Why not make an engine that makes more power - thats what I used to do.

red91sit 11-27-2006 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onegammyleg
Why not make an engine that makes more power - thats what I used to do.

Power is expensive, and so are tires, besides this car is more an FE cruiser than a racecar. She only gets about 1 hp. per 30 lbs of car, on a good day. Thats about double my motorcycle.

My other car makes over 1 hp. per 10 lbs of car.

Thats new Porshe and Corvette territory. I only use this much horsepower once in a great while, because one acceleration run noticeabley drops the fuel gauge :(

red91sit 11-27-2006 12:35 PM

Double Posted (n)

Spule 4 11-27-2006 06:14 PM

A Citroen GS with 1015cc motor will do 1-2, not that I know from experience....and it will kill the clutch in short order....not that I know from experience....