Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   is it slowing down in here (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/is-it-slowing-down-in-here-3096.html)

kickflipjr 10-05-2006 07:09 PM

is it slowing down in here

It seems slow in the forums these days. I don't know if its the $2.00 gas, SVO not being here (not much), or what.

Just an observation.

thisisntjared 10-05-2006 07:19 PM

ive been working like a dog. i guess as summer ended we all started getting busy. trust me im still an aerodynamics nut.

Matt Timion 10-05-2006 07:25 PM

this is the third time the forum has slowed down. I really think it's seasonal, just like the gas prices.

I'm positive that the slowing down is due to a few things, including the end of summer, the drop in gas prices, and SVOBoy not being here.

On the plus side we're getting a lot of new members and tons more pageviews than usual.

rh77 10-05-2006 08:35 PM

Experiments

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
this is the third time the forum has slowed down. I really think it's seasonal, just like the gas prices.

I'm positive that the slowing down is due to a few things, including the end of summer, the drop in gas prices, and SVOBoy not being here.

On the plus side we're getting a lot of new members and tons more pageviews than usual.

Well, that's good that page views are up despite the gas prices. Articles have shown that the new-car buying public is gun-shy of buying another guzzler -- few people trust BO.

The problem is that I'm off this week and clogging up the site with BS. :rolleyes: -- that's the problem. Anyways...

As I did a retrospective, there were plans here to test a Hydrogen injection system and was researched and dismissed due to degredation of critical engine components. We need to come up with some more experiments to keep the ball rolling. Brainstorm. No idea is too crazy. Sling 'em out there.

Here, I'll start -- how can we turn the rear wheels of our non-hybrids into electrical generators and have an A/C clutch on the alternator that engages and disengages based on electrical demand and generator input. Heck, even the same clutch on the power steering. If the speed of the car is over 35, then you don't generally need PS.

RH77

Compaq888 10-05-2006 09:28 PM

It's mostly Svoboy.

I don't need to post a lot because I know most of the information I need to know.

onegammyleg 10-05-2006 10:50 PM

Hi kickflipjr -?It seems slow in the forums these days.?

Maybe we are busy testing a few new ideas .... :D

https://www.sideburns.co.uk/forum/upl..._182_48328.jpg

Matt Timion 10-05-2006 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888
It's mostly Svoboy.

I don't need to post a lot because I know most of the information I need to know.

That's one of the funniest things I've read on this forum :)

rh77 10-06-2006 03:57 AM

Well, for Pete's Sakes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888
It's mostly Svoboy.

Well for Pete's sakes share it with us. :confused:

But, I bet you don't know as much as a Super-Duper Saiyan!

RH77

Oh, and by the way -- your post rate is higher than mine :D

GasSavers_brick 10-06-2006 04:15 AM

Not that I posted that much to begin with, but I just haven't had as much time for this kind of thing lately. I have gone into a busy period for work, my personal life has been busy, and my desire to stare at a computer screen seems to have declined. And I can't lie, my will to expend huge amounts of effort on gas mileage has declined since the cooler weather started throwing a wrench in it here in New England. I'm willing to bet that something will happen to swing my attitude right back around in the other direction...it goes in cycles.

MetroMPG 10-06-2006 05:09 AM

I promise: no more schooner trips this year! And I still post to the detriment of my work. :)