Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Got a ticket in my Insight for SPEEDING! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/got-a-ticket-in-my-insight-for-speeding-3151.html)

BumblingB 10-13-2006 12:23 PM

Got a ticket in my Insight for SPEEDING!

About 3 hours ago I got a ticket for speeding!! I had been doing precisely the speed limit when a group of cars passed me like I was standing still. They were going about 65-70 in a 45 zone. They rounded the corner and took off like a bat out of $#%$ in the 35 mph zone. I maintained going the speed limit but then saw the light about to change and I had a average of around 100mpg on the tank so far as I had only gone a few miles so I picked up speed to make the light. I never even looked at what I sped up to. The FEMALE cop (that could of passed for a guy) said I was doing 46. 11mph over when the norm around here for people is 20+ over the limit, sad thing about it is I don't regularly speed and I'm the guy holding up traffic!

A while back I got a ticket for doing 40 in a 25 where the limit abruptly changed to 25 - some like to call it a speed trap area though as it abruptly changes back to 40 again.

It is just sad that one of the few times I'm going over I get caught and then the regular crazy people just get away with it. The other cars went right past her first! I saw them, I was at the end of the pack with about a 1/4 mile gap so I was alone. The cop had a REALLY nasty attitude too, I'm going to cool off a bit before I call and do a formal complaint.

Of course every story has a funny side, today I am wearing my t-shirt that says "You Will Respect My Authorita!" It has a picture of Cartman dressed as a cop on it with that quote. The again it just might of been that time of the month for this cop, you know - quota time. What did you think I meant?:eek:

red91sit 10-13-2006 02:14 PM

Ooh, what a poopy deal!! I spose she seen them all fly bye and figured "hey I wish my car was that color" woop woop woop!! I mean who isn't jealous of that car? I personally love it, some day I'd love to own one just like it.

I once got pulled over going 75 in a 55, the ironic part was, it was my passengers father :O. Normally this is where he handcuffs me to a stop sign, but, i wasn't dating her, so i told him it was past her curfew, so if you really think of it. It's moslty his fault i was speeding, he gave me an angry face and told me to get her home.

MetroMPG 10-13-2006 03:31 PM

Hypermilers getting speeding tickets is such an irony. 95metro said he got one doing pulse & glide - because he pulsed over the limit :)

Should have said: "but officer, my average speed was only...." Naaaah...

BumblingB 10-13-2006 03:58 PM

Ironically enough a truck that passed me that was in "the pack" was BRIGHT yellow with black racing stripes. Here's what ticks me off A LOT, he was towing a trailer driving those speeds. That makes me mad, I was speeding and deserve what I got but she does have the power to get multiple cars - I've seen it done. The main thing was her attitude, she had a REALLY bad attitude. Apparently the registration I handed her was expired, she noted it on the ticket but didn't mention it to me. When she was done giving me the ticket she shoved it to me and turned around while I was in mid-sentence asking her a question and walked off. A real fine example to make people like cops. I could of been a 16 year old kid who is at that point in their life where they're very impressionable and if she pulled that, I'd probably be turned off to cops for a very long while.

Not all cops are bad, but she definitely didn't set a fine example like she should be. If I acted that way in my job I'd be in deep deep #$%^.

I could understand pulsing over. When I used to work night shift I could maintain a cool 75 mpg in my HCH since there was no traffic, only problem is my sweet spot was a little over the limit and the road I traveled was loaded with bars. I got off at "closing time" so the cops were busy pulling over drunks and someone who keeps fluctuating their speed doesn't portray a sober person very well - hey - I kept it in a straight line.

JanGeo 10-13-2006 05:20 PM

Fight it - the only reason that a judge can and often will dismiss a speeding ticket is if you have a clean driving record. I had one dismissed going 40 in a 35 at midnight - the cop claims he clocked me at 50 . . . I was on cruise control set to 40 exactly in a area where people go 45 all the time. You could also say that "a group of vehicles including a truck pulling a trailer passed me which made me believe I was going too slow."

The Toecutter 10-13-2006 05:46 PM

I got pulled over for going 55 mph in a 55 zone on I64 for holding up traffic, and later that same week got pulled over for going 58 mph on that same stretch of highway for 'speeding' even though my needle indicated 55 mph. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

BumblingB 10-13-2006 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanGeo
Fight it - the only reason that a judge can and often will dismiss a speeding ticket is if you have a clean driving record. I had one dismissed going 40 in a 35 at midnight - the cop claims he clocked me at 50 . . . I was on cruise control set to 40 exactly in a area where people go 45 all the time. You could also say that "a group of vehicles including a truck pulling a trailer passed me which made me believe I was going too slow."

I would but the truth is, I WAS doing wrong by a full 11 mph. I do deserve what I got, but so does everyone deserve what they have yet to get. Sooooo, my new quest is to put the spotlight on the cops. Little things like a couple well worded letters to the newspaper and some words with some county officials should stir things up a bit.

2 weeks ago my dad got a new car (VERY VERY fast) and I've been driving it a lot and I suppose that has put a bit of a speed bug in me where I haven't been paying as close to attention to my speed as I should. A warning would of really put it all back into perspective for me but that's all past. Now for me to wage a little war for these donut jockeys. I really am sick of them not doing their job - there has been quite a few times when I deserved a ticket much more than others and they didn't bat an eye. Today was Friday the 13th - the wife advised me to not even go to work. :rolleyes: Now all I hear is, "See, I told you so!"

Compaq888 10-13-2006 06:43 PM

quit complaining. I'd rather take a 11 over speeding ticket than what the cops did to my last car. I wasn't even at fault. And still had to pay for it out of my own pocket.

Try living in california. You haven't seen dirty cops till you live in cali.

This year cops have cost me $1100. None of it wasn't my fault and I got blamed for it. Not only that but the popo laughed after it happened and told me my mommy's car is wrecked. No cop filled out a police report and there were plenty cops there.

Cops have cost my dad $600 and the car has a huge gash on the right side. They made fun of my dad, waved their guns in his face and didn't make a police report. When he went to the police station they called my dad a liar and said he hit his car somewhere else.

BumblingB 10-13-2006 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888
quit complaining. I'd rather take a 11 over speeding ticket than what the cops did to my last car. I wasn't even at fault. And still had to pay for it out of my own pocket.

Try living in california. You haven't seen dirty cops till you live in cali.

This year cops have cost me $1100. None of it wasn't my fault and I got blamed for it. Not only that but the popo laughed after it happened and told me my mommy's car is wrecked. No cop filled out a police report and there were plenty cops there.

Cops have cost my dad $600 and the car has a huge gash on the right side. They made fun of my dad, waved their guns in his face and didn't make a police report. When he went to the police station they called my dad a liar and said he hit his car somewhere else.

Actually my favorite one is when I was in Texas. The cops neglected to block a road when they should of. I was passing what looked like a routine traffic stop when one jumped out of nowhere and had a shotgun pointed at my windshield and started screaming. I shoved it reverse quick when I looked to the right of me and then saw another cop behind his door with his gun drawn on the car the first cop had stopped me right next to!! Apparently I had drove right into the middle of a standoff!! You'd think they would of been smart enough to block the road considering there was 3 patrol cars there, it wasn't something that happened out of the blue.

I don't live in cali for a reason, it's the same reason why cali isn't an island. :p Once you age a few years you'll begin to notice how all police are gradually getting dirtier and dirtier anywhere.

Compaq888 10-13-2006 09:12 PM

My dad thought I was making stories about the police. But once it happened to him it ain't stories anymore.

I actually liked the police when I was little, I was thinking of how cool it would be a cop. But being a crooked cop ain't my thing.