Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   YAY! The fit is here! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/yay-the-fit-is-here-3165.html)

kickflipjr 10-18-2006 05:46 PM

You got a nice collection of microcars there :) Even the CRX is small compared to the fit.

JanGeo 10-18-2006 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theclencher
You better get to chopping the top and lowering it.

Hey I always wondered if anyone ever chopped a Scion xB - haven't seen one at all - would definately help the aero and there is plenty of head room as well as seat lowering ability.

Compaq888 10-18-2006 08:01 PM

When I put my scangauge, the speedo is off, engine size, and tank size.

I already calibrated the engine size. Once I start filling up I'll calibrate the speedo and the tank on the SG2

Thanks to your short gearing you can accelarate quicker and then cruise in 5th.

cfg83 10-18-2006 08:59 PM

Matt -

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
Just got home... The scangauge reported horrible gas mileage, but then I checked the settings and it was set for a 3.0L engine and not a 1.5L engine, so who knows.

Yeah, the engine size is critical. My theory is that the SG doesn't actually know the amount of gas being injected. I think it derives the gas used based on the engine size and RPMs. That's what I think, anyway. My wifes 2003 Civic is a 1.5L versus my 1.9L, and it is easily 10 MPG greater than my Saturn without any effort. But where's the fun without any effort?

I think I need to set my gas tank correctly, though. That may be another input it uses to derive it's results.

PS - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! Sell more bumper stickers and pay it off ASAP!!!!!

CarloSW2

philmcneal 10-18-2006 11:07 PM

congrats on the new fresh car matt!

hey so how much does your revs drop when you shift per gear? is it consistant or wide starting then narrowing it down?

GasSavers_DaX 10-19-2006 04:23 AM

Hurray Alloy Wheels!

It looks excellent Matt.

GasSavers_Diemaster 10-19-2006 07:03 PM

nice fit matt. my parents would be jellous :)

molecule 10-20-2006 02:44 AM

nice...the sport package...
whats the official honda color name...?

if you think 50mpg is easily doable...i cant imagine what might be attainable with an i-DSI engine...

i am ecstatic for your purchase
what was the final price with the options if you dont mind....?

GasSavers_Diemaster 10-20-2006 06:03 PM

my paint code is B96P eternal blue pearl :D

what mods will u do to the fit for even better mpg than stock?

i'm still trying to figure out how/if i can do the pvc catch can filter thingy to lisa. :) oh and my tiers are 7.5 psi higher than stock :)

when are the leds going in? ;)

Matt Timion 10-20-2006 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molecule
nice...the sport package...
whats the official honda color name...?

if you think 50mpg is easily doable...i cant imagine what might be attainable with an i-DSI engine...

i am ecstatic for your purchase
what was the final price with the options if you dont mind....?

I think that's Storm Silver.

Looks like 50mpg might be a little more work than I thought, but I still think it's doable. My driving today was around 39MPG (for all day), but I seem to get better MPG in the city due to slower speeds and various driving techniques.

I'd love to get an iDSI engine, but I'm not going to cross my fingers any time soon.

After accessories, taxes, DMV fees,and hidden dealer fees, it was around $18k. I was financed at 6.2%, so the payments are going to be okay.