Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   I just got the best gas saver EVER!!!! more efficient than any other mod! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/i-just-got-the-best-gas-saver-ever-more-efficient-than-any-other-mod-3236.html)

thisisntjared 10-29-2006 12:23 PM

I just got the best gas saver EVER!!!! more efficient than any other mod!

thats right, the wife and i moved within 10 miles of the 3 offices i will be working in over the next year. more specifically, i will be spending 9/10 days in the office that is a little less than 3 miles away.

the only people who have better gas mods are matt(owner of this site) and my father. both of which work out of their houses.

so why is it so much better?? where is the math??

i used to drive 60 miles each way 5 days a week. making that at least 600 miles a week. averaging 38mpg, thats 15.8 gallons a week making my fuel costs just shy of of $50 a week when i was starting! now since gas is down to $2 a gallon, it is roughly $33 a week. i could not imagine such a commute with any gas guzzler or doing so in another country.

anyway now i will be driving probably 6 miles a day probably turning into 50 miles a week. its like my gasoline bill just died.

in short, i will be saving $30 a week in gas, which is more than anyone will see with any single mod on this board.

philmcneal 10-29-2006 12:51 PM

lol congrats, maybe you can even elminate the short trips and bike it every now and then!

SVOboy 10-29-2006 01:31 PM

Where are you living now?

MetroMPG 10-29-2006 01:34 PM

That's awesome - congrats on a "smart move"!

And a totally valid mod. I wish urban planning was more focused on encouraging people to live near their work, instead of further entrenching our dependence on the car through urban/suburban sprawl and highway building!

BTW, my daily commute: walk to the computer. :)

I've driven my car under 200 miles since the end of Sept.

Edit: I'm with Phil: time for that electric (or regular) bike ... ;)

The Toecutter 10-29-2006 01:46 PM

But how much did your new place of residence cost compared to your old one? It may more than eclipse the amount saved on gas. However, the amount of time that you will save is apparent.

Compaq888 10-29-2006 03:11 PM

Very nice. I've been refueling every 9 days because of my cousin. If he stops going to his sport he will lose his scholarship. By December he should get his driver license so hopefully I'll refuel every 3 weeks instead of every 9 days.

thisisntjared 10-29-2006 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
Where are you living now?

marlton right by the 73-70 circle. too bad you moved out of the state temporarily. i am missing the 5am tranny swaps like woah...

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Toecutter
But how much did your new place of residence cost compared to your old one? It may more than eclipse the amount saved on gas. However, the amount of time that you will save is apparent.

oh yea that totally eclipsed the cost. $900 a month now, but i can not live with my parents forever, especially with a wife, hahaha.

anyway, i know i will be riding my bike (that i have to buy) to the nearest office in the summer. i am not die hard enough to ride between november and march.

kickflipjr 10-29-2006 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG
That's awesome - congrats on a "smart move"!

And a totally valid mod. I wish urban planning was more focused on encouraging people to live near their work, instead of further entrenching our dependence on the car through urban/suburban sprawl and highway building!

I lurk on the urbanplanet.org forums. I like hearing what the city planner types have to say.

Spule 4 10-29-2006 05:05 PM

Too cool, I did that once with a civil engineering company I worked for. I moved from Licking County, OH to Worthington (less than one mile from the office) and then they gave me all of Knox County to cover two counties away!

onegammyleg 10-29-2006 09:32 PM

Yup , save gas , buy legs instead ! .

https://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/3...eather_300.jpg

..actually , I need one of those.