Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Diesels (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Finally, a diesel hybrid. (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f12/finally-a-diesel-hybrid-3345.html)

omgwtfbyobbq 11-18-2006 02:33 PM

Finally, a diesel hybrid.

From Toyota. I've been trying to track down some figures for vehicle curb weigh, GVRW, and fuel consumption. So far I'm guessing it gets around 33mpg based on a French article that stated the hybrid system resulted in a 30% reduction in fuel and listings like this one that state the fuel consumption is 10l/100km. It also has a curb weight of ~3000-4000lbs (depends on bed), and a GVRW of 8000lbs from what I've gathered. I bet some people here could get it up to 40mpg! :D

Silveredwings 11-18-2006 05:03 PM

Even better... a subcompact! :thumbup: :thumbup:

omgwtfbyobbq 11-18-2006 05:20 PM

Precisely where I found the info about the Dyna! :D
I'd like for Toyota to produce a diesel-electric hybrid with ~30 miles of all electric at a constant 50mph, but I have a feeling this will make it to the prototyping and that's about it.

Silveredwings 11-18-2006 05:26 PM

I believe it'll make it into production. Most of the world is open-minded to diesel. Whether they'll bother going out on a limb for America is probably another story.

omgwtfbyobbq 11-18-2006 05:30 PM

Yeah, but I'm in America. :( ;)

Silveredwings 11-18-2006 05:36 PM

Toyota did try some diesels on us a few years back. But this country didn't have clean diesel fuel so they always stunk like every other diesel. That could be the deciding factor in them bringing them back, especially if the diesel-electric hybrid is proven worldwide.

rh77 11-19-2006 02:08 PM

Deh

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silveredwings
Toyota did try some diesels on us a few years back. But this country didn't have clean diesel fuel so they always stunk like every other diesel. That could be the deciding factor in them bringing them back, especially if the diesel-electric hybrid is proven worldwide.

I would buy a DEH the minute it hits our shores. With the combo of clean Diesel tech. on top of hybrid efficiency -- that mofo would be the best thing since pita bread.

I'm very confident that the U.S., and especially Canada, will give Diesel another try. Rumor has it that Peugeot (PSA) is going to sell vehicles in Qu?bec in the near future, that includes subcompacts and possibly Diesels.

RH77

Rstb88 11-19-2006 06:12 PM

now if only the smart car diesel would come with a hybrid...

Silveredwings 12-18-2006 01:23 PM

World?s first affordable diesel hybrid powertrain

I haven't seen this posted here so forgive me it it's a repost:

World?s first affordable diesel hybrid powertrain :thumbup:

SVOboy 12-18-2006 01:58 PM

VW has had the golf eco.power out for a few years, which is a diesel hybrid that's sold in europe. *shrug*