Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Maintenance and Repair (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f10/)
-   -   P07 & D15b7 (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f10/p07-and-d15b7-3356.html)

GasSavers_scostanz 11-20-2006 03:55 PM

P07 & D15b7

Has anyone tried or considered using a P07 with a D15B7? I'm daydreaming about trying this and wanting to hear your thoughts. I'd incorporate the EGR and, of course, the wideband O2. Probably also add a "dummy" vtec solonoid to avoid a cel. My daily drive is mostly highway here in Ohio so it's pretty flat. Seems like there would be some FE potential if the engine doesn't melt on me. :)

-- Scott

krousdb 11-20-2006 04:04 PM

Or you can use a chipped P06 and play with the fuel map. I happen to have a chipped P06 that I used with the Del Sol. You can have the P06 with chip burner and chips for $100. SVOBoy did the fine chipping work. He could prolly provide more detail on what you could experiment with.

GasSavers_scostanz 11-20-2006 04:50 PM

Thanks for the offer but I just picked up a P07 for about $50 and I have a P06 in my car if I decide to go that route.

-- Scott

SVOboy 11-20-2006 04:54 PM

Don't bother, just put a z1 in, :p

Matt Timion 11-20-2006 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scostanz
Thanks for the offer but I just picked up a P07 for about $50 and I have a P06 in my car if I decide to go that route.

-- Scott

A P07 in your car is going to run like crap. the p07 is designed for a 12 valve motor (unless used using vtec-e). If you use a p07 in your car I suspect you'll fry the wideband o2 sensor in a hurry.

My advice: Buy the chipped p06 for $100. Sell YOUR p06 for $40 on ebay. You also save money in a wideband o2 sensor, EGR valve, and fake vtec solenoid. You save time in wiring and troubleshooting.

FormulaTwo 11-20-2006 08:20 PM

Not really worth it....

you can get a d15z1 from nippon motors.com for around $200.
with egr, and a 5 wire o2 sensor. But the 5 wire is cut is not guaranteed to work.(shipped form japan)

this is where i got the motor in my car.

you will have to rewire your entire harness for the 5 wire o2 sensor and the egr valve.
its not just plug and play
unless you have a civic VX to start with. i see you have a dx coupe

hard wiring this in is a pain and is still not guranteed to work.

I would not mess with the engine you have.

VX swap would be the way to go

cost....

engine $200
5 wire o2 $180
complete wiring harness $200
vx tranny $200

You could find all of those a lot cheaper.
But just a general off the top of my head estimate.
I wouldnt even messwith swapping it unless your motor blew up etc...

Too much work either way

Also, as far as your dummy vtec solenoid idea.....

The ecu will check for oil pressure before engaging vtec. I do not think you could rig anything up there.
If you decided to run a p07 on your d15b i would not hook any wires up for vtec at all.

GasSavers_scostanz 11-21-2006 08:00 AM

Thanks for the advice everyone. My ultimate goal would be to go with the Z1 when the current motor goes so any wiring work wouldn't be wasted. I'll probably continue to gather parts for the Z1 conversion and not make any changes to my current set-up for now. The idea still intrigues me and I haven't heard a compelling argument for not doing it.

-- Scott