Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   d15z1 for free for d16z6 info (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/d15z1-for-free-for-d16z6-info-3378.html)

olengrumpy 11-23-2006 10:39 PM

d15z1 for free for d16z6 info

please read the whole thread. thanks
I'm going the other way and putting a D16Z6 into my 94 VX..
My problem is the wiring, such as going from a 5 wire to a 4 wire O2 sensor..
If someone will help me by giving me the correct wires to connect, or eleminate or, give me the correct harness.
I will give 'for free" the d15z1 engine and transmission and also the VX harness ''if you give me the D16Z6 harnes''..
It has 245K on it but runs great, does not smoke, use oil or make noises. I get 36 MPG in the city..The transmisssion is mint. You can have everything right down to the air intake box, manifolds etc. I might keep a couple of the sensors though and anything I need for Z6 install..
lemme know.. Rich.

Matt Timion 11-24-2006 08:19 AM

where are you located?

If you are switching to a Z6 harness you won't need to convert the z1 harness to 4 wire. If you do switch the z1 harness to 4 wire, it's really easy to do.

SVOboy 11-24-2006 09:14 AM

Matt, you can give him the info, and I'll take the engine.

Short of saying anything too involved, you just need to get the 4 wire plug and run lines to the appropriate spots on the z6 ecu, which can be discovered by looking at an ecu pinout.

olengrumpy 11-24-2006 10:20 AM

I'm aware that if I use the Z6 harness I do not need anything else.. I'm also aware that all I need to do is get a 4 wire O2 sensor plug..
What I wanted to know is, which wires to change at the O2 sensor connection to put on the 4 wire plug to save me the trouble of tracing wires to the ECU.. I assume I need to leave one off or ground it etc..
I'm in western, MA.

SVOboy 11-24-2006 10:24 AM

Well, hopefully someone can tell you, but you'll prolly spend more time trying to figure out how to do it "the easy way" than just looking at the ecu and figuring it out.

olengrumpy 11-24-2006 06:22 PM

probably true SVO.. but hey, always like the easy way when possible..
I'll make a post after the engine swap.. the; engine, trans and related parts will still be for free to someone who can use them..

Matt Timion 11-24-2006 07:06 PM

I have the info, but not on this computer. I'll post it tomorrow. If SVOBoy wants the engine, it's his :)

SVOboy 11-24-2006 07:49 PM

Oh heck then, I'll take them. Where in MA are you exactly? Dartmouth is right in the middle if you consider VT and NH to be one state, about how far is that? C'mon matt, you know I need an engine sitting in my dorm (let's pretend I have a good way to get it up four flights of stairs, much less get it to my dorm, :p).

:)

FormulaTwo 11-24-2006 10:18 PM

I need the wiring harness!
The one that actually plugs into the ECU

I have a harness and will wire in everything you need to install the 4 wire 02 sensor
and make a diagram on how to install it.
plug and play

how about it?

ps:
i dont want the engine.
just the harness
and the intake manifold unless someone else wants it
let me know!

olengrumpy 11-25-2006 07:44 AM

I'm near springfield. not right around the corner, but not cross country either.

SVOboy 11-25-2006 08:29 AM

Damn, springfield MA, I could even pick it up on the way home...anyway, I'll take whatever formula doesn't want/need, it would be easy enough for me to get the plugs I'd need and to find a vx IM somewhere.

What time will you have it out?

Matt Timion 11-25-2006 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FormulaTwo
I need the wiring harness!
The one that actually plugs into the ECU

I have a harness and will wire in everything you need to install the 4 wire 02 sensor
and make a diagram on how to install it.
plug and play

So you want to trade him your z6 harness for his z1 harness? Sounds like a good trade to me.

From the looks of it this is very much under control. Hopefully all will work out.

FormulaTwo 11-25-2006 09:40 AM

Yeah i need to know by monday
Another guy is supposed to be finding me a VX harness
but i would rather go this route.

let me know

olengrumpy 11-25-2006 12:24 PM

The new engine is done I just need to set aside a weekend to put it in. Within the next two weeks hopefully.
As far as the harness, I decided that I want to use a factory D16Z6 harness as the VX had the 5 wire O2 and EGR, etc.
If you can get me a complete harness in perfect condition it's kewl, If not I'll Ebay one. If you have one I'll pay to ship it etc. as I want to wire the engine as much as I can before I put it in..........
As I kinda made the offer to SVO you guys can work out who gets what. I'm pulling the engine and Trans out together as I'm using an EX Trans..
You can have it all, engine, Trans, wiring harness, ECU, air boxes and anything else I don't use.
This has been a really great reliable car for 248K. Still runs great, no smoke, no knocks, doesn't use oil and still gets 36 in the city.The transmission still shifts like it did when it was new. I'd love to see someone like you guys do something with it.
I build racing engines all day long and can't resist seeing what I can do with a Z6 motor. I have pictures of the VX engine as it sits in the car should you want to look at them, lemme know
You can write me directly if you wish. Olengrumpy@aol.com

SVOboy 11-25-2006 12:36 PM

Sweet, well, hopefully you get it out in the next two weeks so I can picking it up. I don't need need need the harness, so if you want that, formula, go for it, but the rest I'd need for a swap. We shall see how the cookie crumbles though.

FormulaTwo 11-25-2006 12:55 PM

i was going to wire up a CX harness. Repin the ecu sockets for the 4 wire o2 sensor, since the CX comes with a 1 wire. And wire up vtec. Would not exactly be "minty perfect" but it would work.

Anyways, You are probably better off going for ebay.
the bid on this one is at $13

Click me

I am going to let SVO get everything and then i will work out something with him later on with what i need.

SVOboy pmed....

SVOboy 11-25-2006 12:58 PM

I replied before you made this post, sucka

I feel like a vulture.

SVOboy 12-05-2006 07:31 AM

*poke*poke*

Today or mehbe tomorrow is my last day to pick it up super convientently, lemme know if you've got it out. If not I can prolly do the 4 hour trek up from home and get it, shouldn't be too busy over break.

GasSavers_DaX 12-05-2006 07:36 AM

Damn, wish I'd have seen this. I have a Z1 harness that has been modified for OBD-1 VTEC & 4-wire o2. I'd have let it go for the swap....not really willing to sell it though.

If you wanted to do the conversion yourself, HERE is a thread I wrote on H-T that detailed how to convert the harness. The good stuff is near the end of the thread on page 2...

***EDIT***

Looks like he ended up winning the auction for the harness on eBay.