Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   FREE 13w florescent light bulbs (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/free-13w-florescent-light-bulbs-3444.html)

GasSavers_Jack 12-07-2006 09:15 AM

FREE 13w florescent light bulbs

I went to Lowes and lunch and came across a 4 pack of 13w lightbulbs that were free after rebate limit 2 per family.

I figure that is 8 bulbs for the price of a stamp. Not too shabby.

Check it out if you get the chance.

SVOboy 12-07-2006 10:12 AM

Fo sheez? Do you know how long the offer is good for?

GasSavers_Jack 12-07-2006 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
Fo sheez? Do you know how long the offer is good for?

No idea. Only said rebate must be mailed by January some time on the rebate form. They had cases of them.

SVOboy 12-07-2006 11:47 AM

I have already told people about it, I'll go down to the store yesterday, :-)

GasSavers_roadrunner 12-10-2006 11:44 AM

rebate purchase till 12/21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack
No idea. Only said rebate must be mailed by January some time on the rebate form. They had cases of them.

I purchased (8) 13 watt bulbs today for a total cost of 15.96, after rebate FREE. You must purchase the bulbs by 12/21/06, and mail in the rebate by 1/21/07. Limit of 8 bulbs per household. Shop Lowe's for the bulbs.
You can printout the rebate form, and get more info at www.lowes.com

SVOboy 12-10-2006 11:58 AM

Thanks for the additional information, I really ought to get around to this.

budomove 12-10-2006 01:24 PM

Don't forget to print a copy of your receipt and rebate, these mail ins rarely pay off at best buy and circuit city, don't know about home depot.

onegammyleg 12-10-2006 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theclencher
I've always wondered, if they are going to promote x product at x amount off the price, WHY DON'T THEY SIMPLY REPRICE THE DANG THING and save all the paperwork and hassle??? It must be because of the failure of a significant portion of rebates.

It would seem logical as you say ., just to lower the price for the promotional period and then raise it again.
But I can imaging 3 possible reasons why they do it this way instead.

Firstly , people love thinking that they are getting something for free.
Cheap is good , but free seems better.
So the rebate (refund) idea may have a psycologicaly proven adavantage over just a 50% off sale. (I have no proof of this)

Second . many people buy under this idea with the intention of sending in the coupon but never do.
So the company has benefited from the campaign with a sale by getting the customer but didn't have to cough up the dough of the rebate.

..and my 3rd idea.
Many people are dum.
If you have a 50% off promotion on some product and a beatnick comes in a buys it , next time he comes he may balk at buying again because he thinks , ?if they can sell it at that price for the month , then they must be making so much profit that they should do it at that price all of the time?

Rebates make the customers feel like winners., and for sales , thats a good thing., but if the rebates dont get honnored , they feel skrewd , and thats realy not a good thing.

WisJim 12-11-2006 06:29 AM

Locally, (Western Wisconsin), the Fleet Farm stores have an instant, in store rebate on compact flourescents, I think 14 or 27 watt, so that they end up being a dollar or two each. Not free, but a good deal, and nothing to send in. I think you have to be in areas served by certain electric companies, because they are actually paying for the cost of the rebates. I always stock up on bulbs when they have these rebates, and then can give some to relatives and friends to show them how well the bulbs work.

SVOboy 12-11-2006 07:55 AM

:thumbup: for buying my bulbs today. Woohoo.