Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Raising the bar (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/raising-the-bar-3631.html)

zpiloto 01-09-2007 11:19 AM

Raising the bar

The top ten list gets higher and higher, both in total and over EPA.

Matt do you have any historical data form a year ago? It's winter and the numbers are quite impressive and are still going up. Any predictions for August?:)

landspeed 01-09-2007 12:45 PM

It would be interesting to see what the differences are compared to a 1-year archive.

zpiloto : I see you are in the top ten!. I do have to say, 'Por Gratis' is going to
be beaten by 'Bluey' soon - my MPG is getting better and better!. I do think my limit is going to be about 40MPG (which is number 30 on the list) - I would have to find another 20% economy before I could get on the top 10 :)

zpiloto 01-09-2007 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landspeed
It would be interesting to see what the differences are compared to a 1-year archive.

zpiloto : I see you are in the top ten!. I do have to say, 'Por Gratis' is going to
be beaten by 'Bluey' soon - my MPG is getting better and better!. I do think my limit is going to be about 40MPG (which is number 30 on the list) - I would have to find another 20% economy before I could get on the top 10 :)

Well your gas log is trending the right direction. I see that your latest mod has killed your FE. Time to get rid of the cup holder:D You can make up the 20% by technique. Good luck. Every day is a chance to make one more little change and in 6 months you have a 4 MPG increase:thumbup: .

CO ZX2 01-10-2007 09:02 AM

Quote:

landspeed, in your garage you have your car weight as 2860. 2860 WHAT. If it is pounds you are carrying 200-300# more than anyone else with a car like yours. Just take out the the extra weight and pick up instant MPG.

Matt Timion 01-10-2007 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zpiloto
The top ten list gets higher and higher, both in total and over EPA.

Matt do you have any historical data form a year ago? It's winter and the numbers are quite impressive and are still going up. Any predictions for August?:)

I can pull some stuff out soon. I'm pretty certain I retained the gaslog data from the old software, but my brain isn't working at 100% (not enough sleep) so I can't remember.

now that we're over a year old, it should be fun to compare year to year.

landspeed 01-10-2007 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zpiloto
Well your gas log is trending the right direction. I see that your latest mod has killed your FE. Time to get rid of the cup holder:D You can make up the 20% by technique. Good luck. Every day is a chance to make one more little change and in 6 months you have a 4 MPG increase:thumbup: .

Actually, the mod has increased fuel economy when doing slow (average
40mph) commuting, but decreased highway fuel economy. This is because
I have got a wideband lambda gauge, which shows the ratio hit 14.7 when
I am under moderate load - and I don't want my engine to detonate and
destroy itself. My *average* fuel economy has actually improved (although
it has got very cold out).

My plan is to adjust the fuel to lean-burn for commuting (it actually ends
up stoichometric anyway - reduces the impact of warm-up enrichment),
and put it back to normal when going on the motorway - which will
let me use higher throttle positions to get better overall fuel economy!.

zpiloto 01-10-2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

Actually, the mod has increased fuel economy when doing slow (average
40mph) commuting, but decreased highway fuel economy. This is because
I have got a wideband lambda gauge, which shows the ratio hit 14.7 when
I am under moderate load - and I don't want my engine to detonate and
destroy itself. My *average* fuel economy has actually improved (although
it has got very cold out).

My plan is to adjust the fuel to lean-burn for commuting (it actually ends
up stoichometric anyway - reduces the impact of warm-up enrichment),
and put it back to normal when going on the motorway - which will
let me use higher throttle positions to get better overall fuel economy!.

Sorry, but when I looked at your gaslog I thought the last entry said cup holder:) So what exactly is a place holder? is that covered in another thread? Don't want to get to far off topic.

landspeed 01-11-2007 10:50 AM

Oh OK :)

The last entry is just there so that all the mileage values go on the log (or the
last one is drawn off the image, to the right). I would get better MPG uphill with normal burn though, and I plan to adjust it back to normal this weekend - and see if I can keep my MPGs for short journeys up.

Back to topic!.

I also agree that having the option of noting significant mods on the gaslog is a
good idea - anyone else agree? :)