Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   Greetings (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/greetings-3659.html)

skewbe 01-13-2007 11:36 AM

Greetings

Hi all, I'm finally back in a 3 cylinder car after a 8 year absence.

I started out with a used 87 sprint, drove it into the ground, and bought a new 96 metro. That unlimately did a same space at the same time thingy with a v8 pickup in 99 and was taken off the road shortly after that.

I just picked up a 98 metro 3cyl and am happy with it. Got a deal on it 'cuz I noticed the brakes were dragging. It has needed a few things to make it liveable but it is pretty much there now.

I took the hint and got a scanguage II, still calibrating it but it is a great tool. I was going to get an instrument panel with a tach and trip, but for twice as much money (and probably 1/400 the effort) I've got RPMs and more trips and stats than I know what to do with.

Peakster 01-13-2007 11:43 AM

Congratulations on your purchase! It's great that you have a Scangauge this early with your Chevrolet Metro as they tend to be great cars to hypermile. Be sure to inform us your driving styles, routes (cold temperatures?) and anything else about your car in your garage entry. Welcome aboard!

MetroMPG 01-13-2007 01:44 PM

Hey skewbe. Welcome to GS.

rh77 01-13-2007 07:50 PM

Welcome

Welcome, and good move with cutting your number of cylinders by 5!

The ScanGauge II is a great tool to give you the feedback you need to drive efficiently.

If you're into modifications, the Busted and Confirmed Mods FAQ is a great place to start your hypermiling adventure.

As always, members here are always there to help if you have any questions.

Welcome! :thumbup:

RH77

cfg83 01-15-2007 08:51 AM

skewbe -

Welcome to GS! Your Metro looks to be in great shape. How many miles do you have on it?

CarloSW2

skewbe 01-15-2007 06:08 PM

Thanks all, nice place here :)

cfg83, it came w/99k miles and the typical annoying maintenace items (need to get on the timing belt). FYI, our other car is a 97 SW2 (auto).

cfg83 01-15-2007 08:09 PM

skewbe -

Quote:

Originally Posted by skewbe (Post 37954)
Thanks all, nice place here :)

cfg83, it came w/99k miles and the typical annoying maintenace items (need to get on the timing belt). FYI, our other car is a 97 SW2 (auto).

Then you'll be just eating up lovemysan's and diamond larry's posts! If you go to saturnfans.com, they post there along with cheapybob, whom I haven't seen posting in a long bit of awhile.

CarloSW2

jwxr7 01-24-2007 10:07 AM

welcome fellow metro driver.
I noticed you have an injector kill switch. How do you like it? I've been thinking of trying that. Does it restart as easy as normal after you use it, and does it cause trouble codes to be stored?

thanks, jamie