Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Caught on camera (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/caught-on-camera-3700.html)

basjoos 01-20-2007 05:07 PM

Caught on camera

As I was driving home last night, I got "flashed" by somebody taking a picture of my car from the back seat of a passing SUV. This isn't the first time something like this has happened. A few months ago a guy slowly passed me in a van, then drove on ahead, pulled over, and had a videocamera going as I drove past. On every trip I take on the interstate, there is at least one car (usually several) that take a long time to pass me while checking out my car. Sometimes to the point to where traffic will start piling up behind the guy who is sitting in the passing lane beside my car while he satisfies his curiousity.

One thing that I have noticed is that since I have highly aero modded my car is that I stopped having any problems with rude drivers behaving badly because I was not driving at their preferred speed. I guess I've made the transition from "old car driving too slow" to "experimental/?electric/?hybrid vehicle" and now get a similar reaction from people when they come up behind me as they would if they pulled up came up behind a slow-moving antique car. In other words, something totally outside of the mainstream of normal automobiles and thus not expected to be driving in the same manner and speeds as a "normal" car.

GasSavers_TomO 01-20-2007 05:22 PM

I'd have to say congratulations for that one! :thumbup:

UfoTofU 01-20-2007 05:48 PM

Excellent!

Hopefully you have a GasSavers.Org logo somewhere on your car so they can all see it?

SVOboy 01-20-2007 07:05 PM

Should we be watching youtube for things? Perhaps the internet? But what would the title be....

The Toecutter 01-21-2007 05:40 AM

Just for shock value, you should put a decal of a naked lady over your boat-tail and put a bumper sticker on it that says "My Bitch".

:D

rh77 01-21-2007 08:07 AM

Sociology

You have officially broke the Sociological barrier of driving efficiently, and for that: :thumbup:

With car magazine spy photos being popular, there's probably a sense of "new and unique" to the aero mods that make it look experimental. People are hoping to get that prized shot of the next test mule from Honda. Little do they know it's a '92.

Keep up the awesome work...

RH77

BumblingB 02-05-2007 06:14 PM

I was giving a friend of mine a ride in one of my cars (not listed in signature or garage - gets 9-16 mpg - built for speed with a touch of economy as far as horsepower versus mileage goes - 30 Chevy). He was amazed that on the short 2 mile joyride we had 2 people take pics. Got chased down today to a convenience store, guy driving SUV was just stopping to say "nice car".

Years ago I used to get that regularly in my Insight, now Insights are common in these parts. Ocassionaly I still get the "what is that?" question. These days I usually just drive the Metro, most people just point and laugh. I do the same when I pass them at the gas station PLUS - my car is paid for!

Matt Timion 02-05-2007 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wazabi Owner (Post 39894)
I was giving a friend of mine a ride in one of my cars (not listed in signature or garage - gets 9-16 mpg - built for speed with a touch of economy as far as horsepower versus mileage goes - 30 Chevy). He was amazed that on the short 2 mile joyride we had 2 people take pics. Got chased down today to a convenience store, guy driving SUV was just stopping to say "nice car".

Years ago I used to get that regularly in my Insight, now Insights are common in these parts. Ocassionaly I still get the "what is that?" question. These days I usually just drive the Metro, most people just point and laugh. I do the same when I pass them at the gas station PLUS - my car is paid for!

I get the same in my Honda n600. People start talking to me while I'm stopped at a red light.

Them: WHAT CAR IS THAT?
Me: WHAT?
Them: WHAT KIND OF CAR IS THAT?
*turns off car b/c it's too loud*
Them: COOL CAR!
Me: Thanks!
*turns on car*

BumblingB 02-05-2007 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion (Post 39898)
I get the same in my Honda n600. People start talking to me while I'm stopped at a red light.

Them: WHAT CAR IS THAT?
Them: WHAT KIND OF CAR IS THAT?
*turns off car b/c it's too loud*
Them: COOL CAR!
Me: Thanks!
*turns on car*

I saw a N600 this weekend, was about to take a picture but got sidetracked. It was at a swapmeet in Moultrie, Georgia. Asking price? $$3000! Oh, did I mention it was painted up as a clown car? Green with multicolor splatters all over it. Ironically enough, out of a couple hundred cars there at the meet, my father and I had a conversation about N600's longer than any type of car we saw there. He swears they had full convertibles and a few made it here to the US back in the day. I'm clueless so I dunno.

Matt Timion 02-05-2007 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wazabi Owner (Post 39901)
I saw a N600 this weekend, was about to take a picture but got sidetracked. It was at a swapmeet in Moultrie, Georgia. Asking price? $$3000! Oh, did I mention it was painted up as a clown car? Green with multicolor splatters all over it. Ironically enough, out of a couple hundred cars there at the meet, my father and I had a conversation about N600's longer than any type of car we saw there. He swears they had full convertibles and a few made it here to the US back in the day. I'm clueless so I dunno.

He could be thinking of the s600 or the s800...

then again I've seen a few customized n600s converted to convertibles.