Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   Just got my '95 VX (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/just-got-my-95-vx-3772.html)

whychug 01-29-2007 10:45 AM

Just got my '95 VX

Hi fellow sippers- after a few months of nationwide searching, I finally found a decent 95 VX will 99,000 miles. It doesn't however have the original 13" wheels. Anybody know where the best place to come accross a set (EBAY, this forum, etc)? Glad to be here

Matt Timion 01-29-2007 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whychug (Post 39084)
Hi fellow sippers- after a few months of nationwide searching, I finally found a decent 95 VX will 99,000 miles. It doesn't however have the original 13" wheels. Anybody know where the best place to come accross a set (EBAY, this forum, etc)? Glad to be here

I was able to find a set for $200 with tires on them. They were not hte factory tire size, however, so I imagine that didn't help much at all.

I see them often on ebay and on honda-tech.com.

BTW, welcome to gassavers ;)

whychug 01-29-2007 10:57 AM

Thanks for the quick reply matt- you wouldn't be interested in parting with that set would you?:rolleyes: About how much of MPG hit am I taking by not using the OEM wheels & tires doya think? 10%? 20%

Matt Timion 01-29-2007 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whychug (Post 39086)
Thanks for the quick reply matt- you wouldn't be interested in parting with that set would you?:rolleyes: About how much of MPG hit am I taking by not using the OEM wheels & tires doya think? 10%? 20%

Not looking to sell them, as I need to sell this car soon and I don't have other wheels to put on it.

I think the majority of the MPG gain will be from the OEM low rolling resistance tires that came standard with the VX. that MIGHT be 10-20%. I think that the lower weight on the OEM rims was just one more nickel in Honda's attempt to nickel and dime the weight away on the VX.

SVOboy 01-29-2007 11:40 AM

Yeah, it won't be that much of a hit. What wheels are on there now? I'd shoot for ebay/honda-tech, though I think someone on here might have a set.

GasSavers_Ryland 01-29-2007 12:33 PM

when trying to locate parts, it can really help to have at least an idea of where you are, so people aren't pointing you at parts that are clear acrose the country, unless you really like paying shipping.
I find most of my used parts on car-parts.com I used it to find a new trasmition for my civic vx that was 15 miles away, and half the price of what I found elsewhere, searching sites like craigslist, Ebay, and freecycle can alwas help, also if you find someone who has a civic vx for sale that has been altered, and no longer has the stock wheels, contact the people and ask them if they can help you out with locating them, they might be sitting out behind there garage on the way to the trash.

what others said about tires seems to be true, stock tires are 165/70-13" and most compenies no longer make that size, so most tire stores will try to sell you 175/70-13" those tires would be wider, and produce more drag then you might be looking for, a better option would be something like 155/80-13", they should fit perfectly, and if they are a quality tire, provide more then enough grip.

budomove 01-29-2007 12:34 PM

And the kumho 795 low rolling resistance tire comes in several lightweight 13" sizes, check them out at tirerack! :thumbup: I have a set on my 14" hx rims, and they seem to roll as well as the well worn lrr bridgestone potenzas previously installed, and are half the cost.

GasSavers_TomO 01-30-2007 06:24 AM

Congrats on the VX! Be sure to check out the VX Lean Burn monitor and general tech post to get the most from your newly acquired VX.