Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Peanutbutter recall (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/peanutbutter-recall-3899.html)

diamondlarry 02-15-2007 02:40 PM

Peanutbutter recall

Have you checked your peanutbutter lately? I just saw on my local news that Peter Pan and Great Value is suspected to be contaminated with salmonella. The number code on the lids of the product starts with 2111. I went and looked at my 2/3 empty jar and found the above code number.:eek: I ate some of it as early as yesterday morning; 3-4 tablespoons. I am either immune or my jar is not contaminated.:D

thisisntjared 02-15-2007 02:55 PM

i only eat natural peanut butter(not peter pan) so i think im alright.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theclencher (Post 40866)
Hell I eat stuff outta dumpsters, if that pb hasn't made you sick yet go ahead and finish it off.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: haahhhahahaha

cfg83 02-15-2007 03:01 PM

diamondlarry -

Thanks, my wife, parents, and co-workers have been informed. Our cats will eat peanut butter when given the chance, but they don't have their own stash, so they should be ok.

Do microwaves kill salmonella?

CarloSW2

diamondlarry 02-15-2007 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfg83 (Post 40872)
diamondlarry -

Thanks, my wife, parents, and co-workers have been informed. Our cats will eat peanut butter when given the chance, but they don't have their own stash, so they should be ok.

Do microwaves kill salmonella?

CarloSW2

That's a good question. You would want to watch out for flames after extended microwave exposure.:D Unfortunately, I know this from experience. Last year, while my wife and I were at work, my grandfather put a nearly full 3lb jar in the microwave and it burst into flames. When my son found it, there was over 8 minutes left on the timer.:eek: I think I'm going to have some pb and honey tonight for a bedtime snack.:p

The Toecutter 02-15-2007 10:30 PM

Quote:

Hell I eat stuff outta dumpsters,
Nothing wrong with that if it's good food. Better than paying the grocery store.

The Toecutter 02-16-2007 01:19 AM

My friends and I loaded up the Sidekick with hundreds of dollars worth of food during a power outage. The grocery store threw it outside in a dumpster in the cold weather because it would have spoiled inside, and the cold acted like a freezer. Since it was in a dumpster, it was obvious that it was going to be thrown out anyway. It was perfectly good food. We had black forest cakes, California Pizza Kitchen pizzas, pints of Ben and Jerry's ice cream, bags of Poore Brothers potato chips, and other expensive crap from that. Made out like bandits.

And we always had instant relief from the munchies on hand at any time. Free. :thumbup:

kickflipjr 02-16-2007 06:46 AM

I either eat Skippy or Jiff so I am ok.

The Toecutter 02-16-2007 03:08 PM

Smearing an unused diaper with chunky peanut butter, walking into a public area, and then licking it clean in plain view can be pretty funny too.

repete86 02-16-2007 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theclencher (Post 40866)
Hell I eat stuff outta dumpsters, if that pb hasn't made you sick yet go ahead and finish it off.

Freeganism is great!

The corporate scumbags in my area have been fighting me for their trash lately though. In one of my favorite dumpsters they're now slitting the garbage bags and throwing paint into the dumpster. They also slit open unopened cereal boxes and other sealed items. Compactors are appearing all over town, and some corporations are actually locking their dumpsters! At least Winn Dixie still throws away good, uncompressed trash and I can still get coverless books from Barnes and Noble.

The Toecutter 02-17-2007 12:42 AM

Quote:

Compactors are appearing all over town, and some corporations are actually locking their dumpsters!
That's what a silenced 9mm is for(don't want anyone to hear gunshots, after all, and call the cops), and if you don't have one of those, a crowbar and some brute strength just might do the trick fine. There are many places in downtown St. Louis that throw out perfectly good computers, and it would be a shame to let them go to the crusher when there's so many people out there who could use one.